PLC PROGRAMMING PROJECT
● Vending machine is a machine that dispenses merchandise after customer deposits money. It
provides various snacks, beverages, cigarette and other products to consumers.
● The idea is to vend products without a cashier. Items sold via vending machine.
● The first vending machine is believed to have been invented by Hero of Alexandria, a first-
● Most vending machines are designed as large safes.
● Most of vending machines are see-through or glass-front merchandisers. This is because it
can show clearly and customer able to browse.
● Usually vending machines use a spiral kind of mechanism to separate and to hold the
● When the machine vends, the spiral turns, thus pushing the product forward and falling
down to be vended.
This project will design and implement a
coin operated vending machine controller
The Project Involved:
● Design of vending machine
● PLC programming
● Concept of digital logic
Vending Machine Features
➢ Vend 5 products
➢ Accept 3 kinds of coins(50c , $1 , $2)
➢ One coin can be entered at one time
➢ Self-starting with the initial coin
➢ First insert coins, then choose one product at a time!! (cannot vend more than one
product at a time)
Accept 3 kinds of coins(50c , $1 , $2)
1 button for turn on/off programme (main switch)
3 buttons for coin input
5 buttons for select product
1 button for reset program or cancel process
2 resistor 330ohm
WAIT FOR COIN
TOTAL = $2
● DISPENSE DRINK
➢ This project proposal telling that the component that might be used.
➢ Our target is to gain knowledge about the basics of how a vending machine works using
Programmable Logic Controller.
➢ The flowchart show the flow of process that happen when the user try to buy the product.
➢ vending machine respond to the user’s decision on deciding which product he/she want.
➢ As they press the switch, the can will drop to the outlet corner to let the user get it.