• The mission is to assist individuals without a home, to
accommodate either temporary living arrangements, as well as
permanent residency. To guide them to better alternatives, that
includes guidance in school, hobbies and trades. To give them the
opportunity to thrive.
• Youth population in Chicago from ages 15-18
• Issues addressed include; increase in homelessness, resources
available for prevention, helping those that need shelter, retention
or follow up with existing agencies to create service plans.
• Goals and Objectives; Lower youth at risk, increase programs
available in the community, create a network of youth and
counselors that will continue to guide through their journey.
POLITICAL, ECONOMIC, SOCIAL, AND TECHNOLOGICAL FACTORS THAT AFFECT
• Lack of affordable housing
• Uncertain physical and mental health
• Family breakdown / child abuse and/or neglect, domestic violence, parental substance use
• Insufficient mental health services
• Lack of education
CULTURE AND DIVERSITY
Ways to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion;
1. Be aware of unconscious bias.
2. Communicate the importance of managing bias.
3. Promote pay equity.
4. Develop a strategic training program.
5. Acknowledge holidays of all cultures.
6. Make it easy for your people to participate in employee
7. Mix up your teams.
ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY AND
• Open system theory. Utilizing this theory will aid me in creating a plan with my colleagues to identify the
services and future goals needed for the program to succeed.
• The work will be divided by the programs available. Based on the youth’s need, a service plan will be created with
their assigned case manager to help them plan out the steps to achieve their goals. Clients will be directed
accordingly. The case manager will have the responsibility to keep detailed notes of the client’s progress and
assign to new programs as see fit.
ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY AND
The website Wrike will be used to
track client progress along with
notes form the case managers with
suggestions of improvement. This
site will allow case managers to
communicate and share ideas to
help the youth with their progress.
This will also be utilized to record
their day to day workload, to assure
the tasks are being distributed fairly.
JOB TITTLES AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Human Resources Manager
plan, coordinate, and direct the administrative functions of an organization.
Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff; consult with top
executives on strategic planning; and serve as a link between an organization's
management and its employees.
Medical Case Managers
The Medical Case Manager will provide a range of client-centered, confidential
services that link clients with health care, clinical psychosocial, and supportive
service for clients.
The Medical Case Manager will facilitate linkage to and maintenance of clients to
their primary medical services. The Medical Case Manager will also provide
treatment adherence counseling to ensure readiness. The Medical Case Manager
will assure that client is connecting to other services; dental, Mental Health and
Substance Abuse treatment. This case manager will also provide benefits
counseling to clients and assist in enrollment, verification, and utilization of those
• Sector: Housing, Youth Services
• Location: Chicago, IL (East Garfield Park)
• Size: 25,000-square-feet
• Cost: $8.93 million (acquisition and construction)
• Sub-contracted program services, including employment ($97,820)
• Research and evaluation represented ($44,000)
• Conference travel and participation as required by the funder ($7,303)
• Travel and mileage for staff ($34,685)
• Supplies and materials ($17,283)
• Client trade program $1,252 per individual
2. Needs assessment
3. Service planning
Goal # 2
Goal # 3Planning
4. Monitoring and Evaluation
Example of possible layout;
• I intend to use both quantitative and qualitative
methods. For evaluation purposes I would like to track
the volume of clients seen that year. I would also want
to evaluate the types of programs referred as well as
the results of those programs, good or bad.
• I based my decision on what I need to track to make
proper adjustments. For example, if the data shows
that a certain program is not being utilized as the
others, I can go into further depth to figure out the
reasoning behind it. I can view the clients assigned to
that program, review their overall progress, and note
why they didn’t complete or dislike it. I would then
inform those case managers to make adjustment
based on the feedback.
• The youth needs our guidance, in this program the Angels aka
case managers will be considered a helping hand to them,
showing them a better way of life by providing resources.
• Chicago Public Schools (CPS) reported serving 17,773
homeless students during the 2021-22 school year. This is a
significant increase of students identified as homeless by CPS
since the 2020-2021 school year, when 10,836 students were
identified (FAQs/Studies, n.d.)
• With this program we can lower this number and prevent the
youth from experiencing homelessness.
• FAQs/Studies. (n.d.). Chicago Coalition for the Homeless. https://www.chicagohomeless.org/faq-
• McClendon, D. (2021, January 13). Ten ways to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace.