One person says the wrong thing…one thing is missed and advocates become enemies.
Question – in a tragedy do you share a thought? What if you missed one?
Keep things consistent with the a team. The company should always appear the same – no matter who is running things. If you have one person running social for you when they get a new job then what? Personality needs to remain. Persona needs to make sense! Couldn’ t say woot.
One strong enough they want to share!
Pool designer or landscape designer?
attempt to solve the problem!
Social Media Audience and Community Engagement
Social & Community Engagement
Melissa Fach - @SEOAware
• Social Community Manager at Pubcon
• B.A. Psych, M.A. Mental Health
• Twitter Addict
• Community Jedi at AuthorityLabs
Choosing team members
• Experience and people skills are critical
• People that truly care about people & feelings.
• Like-minded individuals with very similar core values.
• Team that wants the same things = a strong team.
• Team feeling.
• Support is needed.
• Willingness to go the extra mile.
• Doing what is best for the brand is #1
Your Community Team Members Are Your Brand Guardians
Consistency is KEY!
• Crisis Management
• User Error
• Support / Help
• Community Support
Tasty met a need…
• Was created on August 9 2015.
• Videos are very professional
As of Feb 15 - 38,556,909 people like this page - 6 months!
• New York Times - 10,727,544
• Marvel - 21,726,876
• Metallica - 37,493,980
As of today
Some business are hard to market - get creative!
Choose your platforms carefully!
• How much customer service do you want to provide via social?
• How often will you monitor?
• Have plans in place for negativity?
• Will you be disputed?
• How much time do you have to manage?
People LOVE to complain via social media!