Simplify Social Media: Optimizing Your Social Media Brand
Simplify Social Media
Founder of full-service creative agency
DI DESIGNS STUDIO from Detroit, MI, USA.
Specializing in digital media marketing, advertising,
strategic development, web and mobile design.
Melissa is an international speaker, blogger and
consultant that currently lives in Bali, Indonesia.
Social Media: @missydi
Social Media Optimization
Essentially using social media as a catalyst to grow
your company’s online presence. SMO is
strategically creating, building and maximizing
your social media plan to connect with your
● Strengthen your brand presence
● Generate leads & conversions
● Improve visibility on search and social
● Connect with your audience
Optimize Your Strategy
A lack of social media strategy is a roadblock for clients.
“38% of companies feel that lack of strategy is top barrier
keep from social media business” - SproutSocial
In order to optimize, you must have a strategy with clearly
defined goals and objectives:
1. Ensure your social and business goals align with your brand voice
2. Focus on networks that will add value
3. Create engaging content that is shareable
4. Identify business opportunities
5. Track, Improve and Mark Your Efforts
1. Brand Your Social Profiles
Your profiles are often the first impression people
have of your company on social media if they don’t
already know who you are. So you want to ensure
it’s impactful and entices them enough to hit the
2. Content Curation
A study from “B2B Marketing
Mentor” found that images were the
most important tactic for optimizing
content for social media.
Hashtags help with social media optimization by
giving your posts more reach, and making it easier
for your content to be found even by people who
aren’t following you.
4. Post Length & Schedule
The optimal posting time depends on your audience
and which social media network.
5. Track & Improve Your Goals
1. Amplification: The average number of shares and retweets your posts get
2. Engagement: The average number of favorites, likes, insights
3. Conversation Rate: The average number of purchases, leads, app downloads
4. Economic Value: You social media ROI
How does social affect search?
Social media marketing efforts that create
conversions and buzz can influence queries on
keywords used in search the same way
advertising & PR can drive search traffic.
#dojobali dojo bali