73 Scapella Av e
Mullaloo, WA 6027
E-mail Mel770@y ahoo.com
Telephone : 0458 626 724
Objective To utilize my teaching-leadership and administrative skills
interfacing in a thriving, dynamic environment.
- English Tutor/Relief Teacher, Perth, March 2012-present
- Term 2 Instructor, Banksia Hill Detention Centre, March-July 2014
- English Language Instructor, Phoenix Academy, Oct-Dec, 2013
- Literacy Tutor, Bandyup Women’s Prison, Aug-Sept. 2013
- Sessional Language Instructor at Curtain University, Oct-Nov 2012
English Instructor, Pontville Detention Centre, Hobart, TAS
15 August to 21 December 2011
Assessed newly arrived migrants; conducted one to one tuition and
also taught small and large group English and Life-Skill classes to
clients ranging in levels from pre-literate to moderate fluency.
- English Instructor & Freelance Writer, Hawaii 2001-2011
Taught English full-time to non-traditional learners for Hawaii School
District. Part-time university lecturer of English at satellite campuses;
edited manuscripts and wrote copy for magazines and newspapers.
- Lecturer, KansasCity Community College, Jan 1998-May 2000
Taught Freshman Composition, Research Writing and Speech to
native English speakers; also instructed ESL amnesty/civics classes
to migrant populating hailing from Mexico.
- English Lecturer, Ad Copy writer Seoul, Korea 1996-1997
Taught university English classes at Korea University. Classes
included “Conversational English”, “English Through Film” and
curriculum and test-writing; copywriter part-time for Diamond Ad
Agency, Seoul, Korea
- Magazine Write/Polytechnic Instructor, Auckland NZ 1993-1996
Taught Speech/Writing classes/seminars at Unitech Polytechnic,
Auckland, NZ. Also wrote copy for ad agencies/magazines. I
traveled throughout New Zealand and wrote travel and feature
articles about small businesses throughout New Zealand.
- Teacher in Argentina, Summer 1997
Instructed English to business professionals at office worksites.
- Teacher Therapist, Odyssey House, Auckland NZ 1991-1992
Oversaw the students in correspondence high school curriculum;
duties included teacher and community liaison; took students on
outings, activities; counseled as needed. Researched job openings
for students and monitored students transitioning into the workforce.
- Leaning CenterSupervisor, Instructor, Dallas, Texas1986-1990
Taught Writing, ESL, Study Skills, Dallas for the Dallas Community
College District; supervisory role included arranging casual tutors’
schedules, teaching English Composition and Developmental
(remedial) Composition 101 to non-native English speakers and
struggling learners; also tutored speech, English and conducted
practice job interviews for students with disabilities.
- Regional Director/Homestay Coordinator 1986-1990
Oversaw International Exchange student programme; arranged
homestays for international students arriving in the States.
Relocated to New Zealand and to establish NZ office and attained
NZ residency and citizenship. Placed in 95th percentile as placement
- CERT IV Training and Assessment
Australian Institute of Technology Transfer 2015
- Post-Baccalaureate Certification in K-12 TESOL
University of Hawaii 2002
- TESOL Certificate, Trinity College, London
Completed in Auckland, NZ, 1995
- Advertising Copywriter Apprenticeship
Auckland Creative Circle, New Zealand 1995
- Teaching Diploma Secondary English Education
Texas Woman’s University 1990
- Master of Arts, English
University of North Texas 1989
NZ&AUSTRALIAN WOMEN’S WEEKLY;NZ BUSINESS
NZ HERALD; NORTH AND SOUTH MAGAZINE (NZ)
WELLINGTON POST (NZ)VIKING MAGAZINE (US)
Darien Morning News (US) Comedy Sketch (TV NZ)
Referees Nola.Skeers@correctiveservices.wa.gov.au 9374-
2222;Cynthiajettmo@hotmail.com (808) 922-7531;