What is cultural heritage?Cultural heritage ("nationalheritage“or just "heritage") is thelegacy of physical artifacts andintangible attributes of a group orsociety that are inherited from pastgenerations, maintained in thepresent and bestowed for thebenefit of future generations.
What is heritage?Tangible culture(such asbuildings, monuments, landscapes, books, works of art, and artifacts).Intangible culture(such asfolklore, traditions, language, and knowledge),and naturalheritage (includingculturally significantlandscapes, andbiodiversity).
• The Alhambra is a palace and fortress complexlocated in Granada, Andalusia, Spain.• The Alhambras Islamic palaces were built for thelast Muslim kings in Spain and its court ofthe Nasrid dynasty.• The Alhambra’s real beauty not only lies in thedecorations of the complex, one of the mostimportant in the Andalusí Art, but in the placewhere it was built and in its adaptation to thelandscape.
• It was built byMuhammad V inXIVth century. It wasnamed after itsfamous fountain, amagnificent alabasterbasin supported bythe figures of twelvelions in White marblewhich is in the centerof the court.
• The Palaciode Generalife• was thesummer palace• and countryestate ofthe Nasrid Kingsof the Emirate ofGranada
• The Eulogy of theHorizon is a concretemonument located inGijón. It is the symbolof this town. This isone of the Works ofEduardo Chillida(1924-2002).
• Breathtaking sea views, in the background, thehistoric neighbourhood of Cimadevilla. And hereyou are! The concrete Eulogy, an eulogy whichtruly deserves this location and views. That waswhat Eduardo Chillida thought when he startedthis monument in 1989. One year later, thismagnificent sculpture was placed in Gijón.
• The monument represents the union betweenearth and heaven, we can see both of them whilelooking the horizon through the sculpture. At thesame time, it shows us, the smallness of man andthe greatness of the universe. If you don’t believeit, try to hug it. It is so vast that you cannot do it. Itseems to be endless.
• THE ASTURIAN PRE-ROMANESQUE ART isa singular artistic expression developed inthe north of the Iberian Peninsula whichwas free of Muslim invaders from the Vthto the Xth centuries when was absorbed bythe Romanesque Art which had just beenintroduced from France.
The church of St Mary at MountNaranco on the slope of MountNaranco, Oviedo.Ramiro I of Asturiasordered it to be built inthe outskirt of the capitalof his kingdom. It wascompleted in 848. Its styleis called Asturian art orRamirense art and it isincluded in the pre-romanesque art.
The church of St Michael at MountNaranco on the slope of MountNaranco, Oviedo.It is a chuch devoted to St Michaelthe Archangel. Ramiro the First gavethe order to build this church,located at 300 steps of the palacethat today we call Santa María.According to the AlbeldenseChronicle is was the palatine chapel.At the beginning it was devoted bothto St Mary and St Michael.It was declared World Heritage siteby UNESCO in 1985.
• THE VICTORY CROSS is a Latin cross heldin the Holy Chamber of the Catedral ofOviedo.• It was given by one King of Asturias in908 AD to Cathedral of San Salvador(Oviedo). Since December 1990,the flag of modern Principality ofAsturias bears the Victory Cross offsettowards the hoist.
Diego Velázquez, 1656LAS MENINAS–Spanish term for the Maids of Honour.
Diego Rodríguez de Silva y Velázquez(1599-1660)He was a Spanish painterof the Baroque period. Heis not only considered tobe one of the leadingSpanish painters but oneof the most outstandingartist the world.Most of his Works are heldin The Prado Museum(Madrid).
PabloPicasso(1881-1973)• He was a Spanish painter andsculptor.• He was the founder of cubism.• He was also a printmaker, aceramicist and a stage designer.
This mural can be divided intothree parts.The central part comprises a dying horseand a woman with a lamp.A house in flamesand a womancrying.The bull and thewoman holdingher dead child.