• Chinese medicine : a medical dictionary, bibliography,
and annotated research guide to Internet references.
RefC: RS180 C5 Chi 2003
• Peterson‘s guide to nursing programs.
RefC: RT81 U6 Pet 2005
• 網絡醫學信息資源檢索 . Main: Z699.5.M39 Gaol 2005
• 醫學文獻檢索與利用 . Main: Z699.5.M39 Chaxz 2004
• 中藥文獻學 . Main: Z6675.P5 Dinaw 2003
Tips: 利用 PubMed 查找專題書目
4.1. 參考工具書 (2)
• The merck index : an encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biologicals.
RefC: RS51 Mer 2001
• The Gale encyclopedia of nursing & allied health. RefC: RT21 Gal 2007
• The Gale encyclopedia of alternative medicine. RefC: R733 Gal 2005
• The Gale encyclopedia of cancer : a guide to cancer and its treatments.
RefC: RC254.5 Gal 2005
• The Gale encyclopedia of surgery : a guide for patients and caregivers.
RefC: RD17 Gal 2004
• The encyclopedia of addictions and addictive behaviors.
RefC: RC564 Gwi 2006
• Gale encyclopedia of medicine. RefC: RC 41 Gal 2006
• The Gale encyclopedia of genetic disorders. RefC: QZ13 Gal 2005
• Encyclopedia & dictionary of medicine nursing allied health.
RefC: R121 Enc 2003
• Encyclopedia of bioethics. RefC: QH332 Enc 2003 v.1-5
• 中國大百科全書 : 中國傳統醫學 , 現代醫學 I/II, 生物科學 .
RefC: R125 Zho 2000
• Wikipedia URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
The Merck Index
The Merck Index is an encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs and biologicals
with over 10,000 monographs on single substances or groups of
related compounds. It also includes an appendix with monographs on
organic name reactions. It is published by the United States
pharmaceutical company Merck & Co. The Merck Index is also
available by subscription in an electronic searchable form, commonly
carried by research libraries, as well as in a web-accessible form.
The current edition is the 14th, released in October 2006.
Monographs in the Merck Index typically contain:
• a CAS registry number
• synonyms of the substance, such as trivial names & International
Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry nomenclature
• a chemical formula
• molecular weight
• Percent composition
• a structural formula
• a description of the substance's appearance
• melting point and boiling point
• solubility in solvents commonly used in the laboratory
• citations to other literature regarding the compound's
• a therapeutic category, if applicable
The Gale Encyclopedia of Nursing & Allied Health
Who should use it:
• Students, adults and professionals in nursing and allied
What’s in it:
• Topics in body systems and functions, conditions and
common diseases, issues and theories,
techniques and practices, and devices and
• Information on all major health professions
such as nursing, physical therapy, medical
lab technology, dental assistance,
pharmacology, nutrition and many others
• 400 photographs and illustrations
4.1. 參考工具書 (3)
• A dictionary of genetics. RefC: QH427 Kin 1985
• Dictionary of medical acronyms & abbreviations.
RefC: R123 Dic 2005
• Dorland’s illustrated medical dictionary.
RefC: on ordering
• Mosby's pocket dictionary of medicine, nursing, & allied health.
RefC: R121 Mos 2002
• Medicines: The comprehensive guide. RefC: RS51 Mor 1997
• Stedman's medical dictionary. RefC: R121 Ste 2006
• 漢英醫學大詞典 . RefC: R121 Han 2004
• 醫學英漢對照詞典 . RefC: R121 Lux 2005
• 中醫大辭典 . RefC: R121 C5 Zho 2005
• 中西醫病名對照大辭典 . RefC: R121 Zho 2004
• 診斷學大辭典 . RefC: RC71 A2 Zhe 2004
Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary
• The world's most trusted source on the language
of medicine for over 100 years.
• Over 120,000 entries (more entries and better
definitions than any other medical dictionary).
• More than 1500 extremely helpful illustrations.
• Include the latest drugs as well as extensive
coverage of complimentary and
• Spell medical terms correctly using
spell-checker software and listen to
audio pronunciations for 35,000
Stedman's Medical Dictionary
• One of the most reliable, must-have resource available for
• More than 107,000 total terms, with more than 5,000 new
to 28th edition.
• Thoroughly reviewed and updated by consultants from all
the major medical and health science specialities including
Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics, and
• URL http://www.stedmans.com
4.1. 參考工具書 (4)
年鑒、手冊 (Yearbooks & Handbooks)
• CRC handbook of chemistry and physics: a ready-reference book of
chemical and physical data. RefC: QD65 Crc 2005
• Gyn oncology handbook. RefC: RC280 G5 San 2001
• Physicians' desk reference : PDR. RefC: RS75 Phy
• The Year book of medicine. RefC: R101 Yea
• Year book of surgery. RefC: RD 9 Yea
• 常用藥物手冊 . RefC: RS156 Wan 2001
• 臨床醫生實用手冊 = Clinician's Pocket Reference.
RefC: RC55 Gom 2003
• 中國衛生統計年鑒 . RefC: RA527 Zho
• 中國藥學年鑒 . RefC: RS 1 C5 Zho
• 中國藥品手冊年刊 . RefC: RS356 Zho
• 中國衛生年鑒 . RefC: R101 Zgwsn
• 中國中醫葯年鑒 . RefC: R601 Zho
• 中華人民共和國藥典 . RefC: RS51 Zho 2005
CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
• Continues to provide most accurate, reliable, and current
resource available on chemical data.
• Provides the widest and most complete coverage of data on
properties of inorganic and organic compounds.
• Contains NEW as well as updated tables and references to
help readers stay up-to-date with the latest developments.
• Contains NEW tables on Properties of Ionic Liquids,
Solubilities of Hydrocarbons in Sea Water, Solubility of
Organic Compounds in Superheated Water, and Nutritive
Value of Foods.
• It also updates many tables including Critical
Constants, Heats of Vaporization, Aqueous
Solubility of Organic Compounds, Vapor
Pressure of Mercury, Scientific Abbreviations
and Symbols, and Bond Dissociation Energies.
Physicians' Desk Reference (PDR)
• Provide physicians with the full legally mandated information
relevant to writing prescriptions.
• Widely used by other medical specialists, and in significant part
valuable to consumers.
• Usable by determined consumers in conjunction with a medical
• The standard prescription drug reference and can be found in
virtually every physician's office, hospital, and pharmacy in the
• The PDR material contained includes:
– Comprehensive indexing (4 sections)
• by Manufacturer
• Products (by company's or trademarked drug name)
• Category index (for example, "antihistamines")
• Generic/chemical index (non-trademark common
– Color images of medications
– Product information, consistent with FDA labeling
• Chemical information
• Indications & Contraindications
• Trial research, side effects, warnings
New England Journal of Medicine
• One of the most popular and widely-read peer-reviewed
general medical journals in the world. It is also the oldest
continuously published medical journal in the world.
• Founded in 1812 as a quarterly journal and in 1828 became
a weekly journal.
• Publishes editorials, papers on original research, widely-
cited review articles, correspondences, case reports, and
has a special section called "Images in Clinical Medicine".
• The journal usually has the highest impact factor of the
journals of clinical medicine (including the Journal of the
American Medical Association, and The Lancet); in 2005,
the impact factor was 44.016, according to Journal Citation
• Founded in 1823, and is one of the oldest
peer-reviewed medical journals in the
• Has a significant readership throughout
the world with a high impact factor.
• It publishes original research articles,
review articles ("seminars" and "reviews"),
editorials, book reviews, correspondences,
amidst other regulars such as news
features and case reports.
• Considered to be one of the "core" general
Journal of the American Medical
• Founded in 1883 by the American Medical
Association and published continuously since
• An international peer-reviewed general medical
journal, published 48 times per year.
• JAMA is the most widely circulated medical
journal in the world.
• Publishes original research, reviews,
commentaries, editorials, essays, medical news,
correspondence, and ancillary content.
• In 2005, JAMAs impact factor was 23.5 placing it
among the leading general medical journals.
Impact Factors for Leading Medical and
Science Journals in 2005
General (internal) medicine (ranked by impact factor)
• New England Journal of Medicine 44.0
• Nature Medicine 28.9
• The Lancet 23.4
• Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) 23.3
• Annals of Internal Medicine 13.3
• British Medical Journal (BMJ) 9.0
• Public Library of Science (PLOS) Medicine 8.4
• Archives of Internal Medicine 8.0
• Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ) 7.4
• Medicine 5.0
• Am J Medicine 4.4
• J Internal Medicine 4.0
Basic Science and Biology
• Science 30.9
• Cell 29.4
• Nature 29.3
EBSCOhost: ASP, MEDLINE
• EBSCOhost: ASP 是學術性跨領域綜合資料庫，提供近 4,500 種學
術出版品全文，其中包括 3,600 多種同儕評鑑 (peer-reviewed) 的刊
1975 年。 ASP 提供不少 MEDLINE 所收錄的醫學期刊論文全文。
• EBSCOhost: MEDLINE 平臺用於檢索 MEDLINE ，但內容更新比
PubMed 慢，並且不提供全文鏈接。 MEDLINE 是——
-A huge database of over 15 million references to articles
published in more than 5,000 current biomedical
journals from the United States and over 80 foreign
-A database you can search free using the NLM PubMed
system at http://pubmed.gov
-For finding references on specific medical topics using
either keywords or Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
-For references to articles published 1950 - to the present
A service of the U. S. National Library of Medicine that:
• Provides free access to MEDLINE, the NLM database of
indexed citations and abstracts to medical, nursing, dental,
veterinary, health care, and preclinical sciences journal
• Includes additional selected life sciences journals not in
• Was developed by the National Center for Biotechnology
Information (NCBI) at the National Library of Medicine
(NLM) as part of the Entrez retrieval system
PubMed features include:
• A "See Related Articles" feature to get articles that are
similar to a given article
• LinkOut links to full-text articles on participating publishers'
• Clinical Queries filters for searching clinical studies and
ProQuest ABI Complete
• Hospitals AND Health care
• Hospitals AND Nursing
• Hospitals AND Health care industry
• Hospitals AND Public health
• Hospitals AND Management
• Hospitals AND Physicians
• Outpatient care facilities
• Case management
• Boards of trustees
• Patient admissions
• Hospitals AND Polls & surveys
• Hospitals AND Pharmaceutical industry
• Hospitals AND Nurses
• 搜索引擎 (Search Engines)
– HON http://www.hon.com
– HealthAtoZ http://www.healthatoz.com
– Google Scholar http://scholar.google.com
• 醫院 / 醫學院網站 (Top hospitals/colleges)
– U.S. New & World Report
– 中國大學排行榜 ( 武書連 )
– U.S. National Library of Medicine
• 學會 / 行業協會 / 專業論壇
• 其它醫學資源 ( 視頻流、多媒體等 )
William H. Welch Medical Library
Most frequently accessed e-resources
4. New England Journal of Medicine
5. CINAHL Plus (EBSCOhost)
12.Web of Science