Fatima Jinnah Women University
ABOUT KARL MARX
• Karl Marx was born in Germany in 1818.
• Karl Marx was an economist, philosopher,
historian, sociologist and revolutionary.
• He was the founder of Socialism.
• Marx was very impressed by the Hegel’s
• Marx attended meetings based on
• In Paris he began mixing with the working
class and started realizing the problems
encountered by them.
Karl Marx and his Theory
“Capital is dead labour,
which , vampire like,
lives only by sucking
living labour and
lives the more, the
more labour it sucks”.
Karl Marx said.
• Socialism is based upon the common
ownershipWhat is socialism? the
and democratic control of
means of production and exchange; upon
production for use not for profit; upon the
abolition of all classes and class
privileges; upon the elimination of the
struggle for material needs.
• Capitalism is an economic system in
which wealth and the means of producing
wealth, are privately owned. Though
capitalism, the land, labour and capital are
owned, operated and traded for the
purpose of generating profits.
Integration with Society
• Socialism puts an end to the division of life
into public and private sectors, and to the
difference between civil society and the
• People can’t live happy in a society where
people are deprived of their basic needs
and are exploited.