Utilization of Human Power for
Electric Energy Generation
Guided By: Dr. D. S. Deshmukh
H.O.D Mech. Dept.
Presented By: Mr. Mayur Mohurle
M.E. (1st Year)
• The steadily increasing global energy consumption
causes growing numbers of environmental problems.
• This seminar presents the human-powered electric
generators for energy crisis.
• They focus on the use of human power as a renewable
Energy source for consumer products.
• Powered by muscular work from the Human body.
• To Aware with Human Power as a Alternate
• To Utilize Human Power
• In dependability
• Facilitate to various requirements of energy
• To introduce eco-friendly energy generation
Human Power Can be obtained in two
i. Pedal Power
ii. Bicycle Power Generator
i. Gym Power
ii. Children Play Instruments
1 ) HUMAN POWER
• Power the entire place
with your own energy.
• Opened in the Portland,
• As people pedal on
stationary bicycles, a
small motor connected
to the bikes charges
2 ) EQUIPMENT AT CHILDREN PLAY
• Seesaw, swing,
• A variety of mechanisms
3) REVOLVING DOOR
• A door is equipped with
a special generator
• A set of super capacitors
stores the generated
• Alternative mains
• Energy saving around
4600 kWh per year
4) PIEZO POWERED
SHOE SOLE :
• operate GPS receivers,
location tags and eventually, a
• uses a low-cost polymer
• Give a power of two mill watts
per shoe on an average walk
• hikers that need emergency
• charge or power other portable
devices such as cell phones
• 3.6 v after 25 steps
• power conversion based on
• Seesaw with hard
cylindrical helical springs
• employ two pneumatic
• bellows-type flexible
sheath between the bottom
of seesaw and the top of the
• Output 24Vdc up to 5A
5) Seesaw: Electric
• Low-cost and easy availability of electric energy.
• Human Power is a cleaner energy source
• Simplicity of design human powered devices and ease
• As no combustion of fuel takes place so no air
• Human powered machines can be manufactured locally.
• Low initial and maintenance cost.
• Self dependent source of energy.
• Best alternative source of energy.
• The energy costs associated with the
production and delivery of that food and water
must be taken into account when you figure
out the net energy produced.
• Human power utilization is one of the most useful
techniques which should be utilized for the
human health point of view as well as pollution
produced because of conventional energy
• The power harnessed can be used as an auxiliary
or back-up source for electricity, especially in
1. Mr.M.D. Hadpe, Dr. D S Deshmukh, Mr. J R Chaudhari, “A Review ON HUMAN POWER
OPERATED DEVICES”, International Conference on Advances in Energy Technology at
SSBT COET, Jalgaon, 2013.
2. Dr. K. S. Zakiuddin, H. V. Sondawale, , Dr. J.P.Modak, “Human Power: An Earliest
Source of Energy and It’s Efficient Use” 2012.
3. Shunmugham R. Pandian, “A Human Power Conversion System Based on Children’s
Play”, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Tulane University,
New Orleans, LA 70118.
4. Brandon Hayes , Louis Goguely, “ Bicycle Power Generator Design for DC House: Off
Grid Energy Solutions”, Electrical Engineering Department , California Polytechnic
State University , San Luis Obispo , 2011 .
5. Thad Starner, Joseph A. Paradiso, “Human Operated Power for Mobile Electronix”,
Appear in Piguet, C. (ed), Low Power Electronics Design, CRC Press, Fall 2004.
6. Dr. K. S. Zakiuddin, H. V. Sondawale, , Dr. J.P.Modak, “Human Power: An Earliest Source
of Energy and It’s Efficient Use” 2012.
7. J.J.H. Paulides, J.W. Jansen, L. Encica, E.A. Lomonova: Electro mechanics and Power
Electronics Eindhoven University of Technology P.O. box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven.
8. 7. Wind stream Power LLC References