Remember HW Limits
• Frame Rate 60 fps
• Memory < 900 MB Total Commit
The the biggest factors for CPU performance are:
• Too many objects being rendered (try to keep this under 100 unique Renderers or UI
• Expensive updates or too many object updates
• Hitches due to garbage collection
• Expensive graphics settings and shaders (shadows, reflection probes, etc.)
Go to the player settings by navigating to "Edit >
Project Settings > Player" page, click on the
Use Shader preloading, preloading means you won't
see any hitches due to runtime shader compilation.
Make sure "Rendering > Rendering Path" is set to
Forward (this is the default).
The "Use 16-bit Depth Buffers" setting allows you to
enable 16-bit depth buffers, which drastically reduces
the bandwidth (and thus power) associated with
depth buffer traffic.
Introduction to Mixed
Reality with HoloLens
Marco Dal Pino