What is an API and how can business benefit from connecting different systems through it. A practical example of automated business process and a way of estimating quantified financial value of implementation.
Take 3 minutes to learn about one of the newest trends in creating new ways of bringing revenue and saving money for your business.
Business case solved – safer than through emails, faster than with papers.
1. The customer fills out a form on a website and asks for a proposal.
2. Your website creates a new customer in your Salesforce CRM and inputs a new sales opportunity
available for your sales team.
3. Your sales team prepares a proposal that’s automatically shared in the customer’s dropbox for
4. Your customer shares the signed contract with you – It automatically gets input into the sales
case in your Salesforce CRM.
5. Your sales team updates the contract’s status and a production order is automatically created in
the SAP used by your production team.
6. As soon as the product is ready, the system sends a waybill to your shipping provider and an
invoice to your customer’s accounting software.
7. The invoice from your shipping provider is automatically input in your SAP accounting module.
Integrating APIs enables you to drop papers and emails through process automation
By definition API is an Application
Programming Interface – A software
component that realizes a set of
programming functions independetly from
WebAPI is a programmatic interface that
lets other systems communicate with your
How can I use it?
API lets authorised systems exchange information. It can for example:
• automatically update your product’s availability, based on your vendor’s stocks
• integrate different domain software used by your company (automatically move invoices, tasks,
reports between different systems)
• update all your product descriptions (website, online store, intranet catalogue) with a single
update on your ECM
A sample view of multi system integration throughout different APIs manager by Business Processes
Management System is illustrated on next slide.
How can I benefit from it?
• It saves your time – The information is
flowing on its own, waiting for you
where you would expect it.
• More accurate info – your stocks are
updated, your price lists are updated,
your accounting receives invoices on
• It saves money – your systems will
update info and follow document
workflows, letting your employees
focus on their tasks.
Savings calculation for Digitalizing all paperwork in a 50 people
• Avg. hourly rate 15 EUR / hour.
• Avg. paper save 100 pages per person.
• 2 toner cartridges per month.
• Saving 15 minutes on searching for paper documents per person
• Saving 10 minutes of printing time per person daily.
How do I start?
• Define your business processes and
select those that can benefit from
• Verify if a process is running by
• Check which of the software you use
has API access.
• Choose a few first processes that you
will support through API.
• Find a software-house experienced in
• Implement API based support for your
business and get profit.
WE ARE API EXPERTS
Let’s accelerate your business together