• What is time management?
• Why do we need time management?
• Consequences of time management.
• How can we become time managers?
What exactly is time management?
• Time is a set of principles, practices, skills,
tools and systems working together to
help you get more value out of your time
with the aim of improving the quality of
• The important point isn’t how many things
do you accomplish but making sure that
you are working on the right things, the
things that truly need to be done, so you
get better results. In another case you
can spend a lot of time working on the
low-priority busywork that just keep you
Why do we need time
• Time is a unique and precious resource
that you need in order to do work,
accomplish your goals, spend time with
your loved ones and enjoy every thing that
life has to offer.
• You have a heavy
workload and want to
find ways to become
more effective so you
can get more done in
• Feel stressed out and
want to find ways to
do less and enjoy
• Feel focused and in
control of your time,
instead of feeling like
you rush madly from
one activity to another
until you fall into bad
Consequences of time
• Get a lot more done in less time.
• Feel more relaxed.
• Focused and in control of your life.
How can we become time
• Write things down: it’s
a mistake to use your
memory to keep a lot
of things. Use a to-do
list to write things
down is a great way
to take control of your
projects, tasks and
• Prioritize your list:
focus on the
• Plan your week : spend 15-30 minutes at
the beginning of each week to plan your
schedule focusing on the urgent tasks.
• Carry a notebook wherever you go so you
can capture your thoughts, if you wait too
long to write them down you could forget.
• Learn to say No:
Many times we say
yes when we should
be saying no. Learn
to say no to low
priority requests and
you will free up time
to spend on things
that are more
• Think before acting:
before saying yes or
no, it will prevent you
from taking on too
much work and the
• Continuously improve yourself learning
new things ,developing your natural
talents and abilities so you will enjoy your
time and may be get promoted.
• Think about what you are giving up to do
your regular activities, to maintain your
• Evaluate your goal: write down your progress for
each goal to make sure you are on the right
• Don’t be a perfectionist: some tasks don’t
require your best efforts, sending a short email
to a colleague, for example, shouldn’t take any
more than a few minutes. Learn to distinguish
between tasks that deserve to be done
excellently and tasks that just need to be done.
• We have…
24 hours per day
60 minutes per hour
60 seconds per minutes
• We have a lot of time to spend in different
ways, but it’s important to make balance
between all of them.