What I have learnt?
• For my main task I worked with a different group to who I worked
with for preliminary task. In my preliminary task I was mainly in
charge of using my camera and part of the editing which is completely
different to what I did in my main task which was acting and making
the production idents.
• Areas I which I felt worked a lot better in the main task than in my
preliminary was group communication, planning, production and post
• For our preliminary task we relied on lessons
to talk to each other and organise when we
were going to do things. This wasn’t the best
plan as not all of us were in all the lessons,
and it meant leaving the planning to the very
• In our main task the group I was in was a lot
more organised, we made a group chat on
Facebook which enabled us to communicate
at all times, and as it was in writing we were
able to reference back to our ideas. This was
also helpful when planning filming over half
term as it allowed us to send location
directions and suggested dates for filming. Trying to find a suitable
• First scene storyboards.
• As you can see there is a difference in the quality of drawing and also the
quantity of prompts on the sheet for shooting. This was helpful during
the filming process as it allowed us to easily refer back if we needed to.
Production & Post Production
• Within the production process of our preliminary task
we would delete scenes if we felt they didn’t work,
whereas in the main task we kept every scene we shot,
this is because we may need them for a cutaway or a
certain fill in. This worked in our main task as we were
mindful of the costume and props in scenes, so
continuity was not effected.
• In post production the editing used within our
preliminary was very basic. One thing I now look back
on now is music, the volume of the music and also the
relevance of the music to the video as it is very
dramatic and in your face. While our main task uses
music that has relevance to the genre and which builds
• Also the editing in terms of titling was a lot more
advanced in our main task and gave the film a