It’s As Easy As 1… 2... 3…!
1. Connect to the Mass HIway
– The statewide health information exchange enables the
electronic movement of health-related info among diverse organizations to
inform a more complete delivery of care.
2. Complete a transaction on the Mass HIway
– Simply send a test or production transaction over the HIway
– If you’re new to the HIway or have recently completed a transaction, we
want to hear about it!
3. Share a tweet about your experience on February 6, 2014
– Join organizations across the Commonwealth as they transact across the
– Copy and paste the following examples to share via Twitter
– Feel free to create your own tweet by tagging @MassEHealth
– Be sure to use the #MassHIway hashtag to share with others
Not Sure What to Tweet? Try These Examples
Success! We completed our first transaction on the #MassHIway via
@MassEHealth. We're working toward a more complete delivery of healthcare.
It’s official– We just completed our first HIE transaction on the #MassHIway via
Congrats to [@organization] for transacting on @MassEHealth’s #MassHIway in
an effort to improve care coordination.
Recently, we began transacting across the #MassHIway to exchange info. Learn
how you can connect via @MassEHealth: http://ow.ly/rX2bE
Benefits of Participating in the Transactathon
You can use the MeHI rally to
– Build awareness among your communities
– Gain interest in accelerating your connection
to the HIway
– Showcase a success story
– Shed light on your team’s well-earned effort
While the stars of the day are those organizations
sharing their success via Twitter, we anticipate
onlookers ready to share their support for you.
– Congressmen, vendors, media, students, thought leaders are all welcome
to send a tweet to support your efforts or more generally, the Mass HIway.
MeHI will analyze the data after the event and share the tweet stream
along with any interesting content with all participants.
Third-Party Twitter Tools
You can always use Twitter.com to share your experience
transacting on the HIway. To make sharing and onlooking
easier, try the following third-party tools:
– Simply click the #MassHIway tag in one of our tweets to see real-time
tweets from all participants
– Or, create a keyword stream with #MassHIway to see all tweets during
the event and all future news items
– Visit the http://www.tchat.io/rooms/masshiway Twitter chat room
– Download Echofon, Tweetbot, Seesmic, Twitter, HootSuite or
UberSocial on your smartphone to participate on the go!
Promote the Event Across Social Channels
Other Social Options
MeHI will Tweet for You
–Send your photo to email@example.com
to share via @MassEHealth
– Share a status update of the event with a
shortened link. Please add a call to action to
follow @MassEHealth & #MassHIway.
– Invite group members to join the effort by
sharing the link and Twitter handle
– Many organizations that are not on Twitter do
have Facebook pages. We encourage you to
share and use #MassHIway.
Pinterest, Instagram & Others
– If you share photos of your first transaction on
Facebook, Twitter or Google+, you may also
upload across other visual social networks.
Using the #MassHIway tag is key so we may
find it and highlight posts in our post-event
• Regardless of the social channel,
–Take advantage of longer character limits
–Humanize your brand as an individual. Help
increase awareness of the #MassHIway with
your own experience transacting.
– MeHI will provide support when needed
–Share other posts and tag users in your own
posts when appropriate; Consider favoriting
those posts you do not retweet or repost.
• Keep an eye out for the onlookers like
Congressmen, vendors, media and feel free to use
more general health-related hashtags to increase
visibility (ie. #HealthIT)
• Share post-event activities across ALL channels
using the #MassHIway tag and @MassEHealth
– All organizations connecting to the Mass HIway statewide health information
– Any supporters of these organizations including congressmen, media, and
– The MeHI #MassHIway Transactathon
– Simply send a test or production transaction across the HIway and share your
experience on Twitter using the #MassHIway hashtag
– February 6, 2014 – All day
– On Twitter, third-party tools, or across other social networking channels
– Sign up here:
– To build awareness, gain interest and showcase your efforts on the HIway