CASE STUDY 2014 - Jan Kalianko: Call-To-Action Stripes on SVETBOT.cz
“CALL-TO-ACTION STRIPES” ON SVĚTBOT.CZ
Ing. Jan Kalianko | @eshopkonzultant
CEO SvětBot.cz | E-shop konzultant
PART 1. – USE OF “CALL-TO-ACTION
STRIPES” IN PRODUCT LISTING
PART 1. – INCREASE THE USE OF
Purpose: Increase use of basic filters in product listing
Reason: Customers who use the filter in the list of products have a
+13.8% higher conversion rate than those who do not apply filters
Solution: Adding the element that will be displayed to the customer,
who missed the filters when scrolling pages and didn’t apply them
Selected feature: The stripe at the top of the browser with the most used
Can be quickly adjusted:
RESULT OF A/B TEST
Original version: Listing of products in their original condition
Option 1: Listing of products with the displayed stripe
The results of the off-season: Results in season:
Using filters Difference
Original 18.41 % ---
Variant 1 24.29 % +31.93%
Using filters Difference
Original 12.19 % ---
Variant 1 12.81 % +5.08%
PART 1. – CONCLUSION (1/2)
• A significant increase in the use of filters off-season
• Only a slight increase in the use of filters during the season
• Stripe display on the web = significant element that attracts the
Justification of difference: A limited number of sizes off-season
> higher overall use of filters > greater need for
customers to filter.
PART 1. – CONSLUSION (2/2)
Our conclusion: Activated displaying "call-to-action stripe"
in the off-season months = only during clearance sales.
Another plan of measurement:
• Test display with users who mark "sale only" or visit the category "last sizes"
• To test the color and graphic variations of "call-to-action stripe"
PART 2. – USE “CALL-TO-ACTION
STRIPE” ON PRODUCT DETAIL
PART 2. – INCREASE CONVERSION
RATE AND ADDING PRODUCT TO CART
Purpose: To increase the conversion rate of the e-shop + increase
amount of products added to cart
Reason: Increasing revenues and simplifying the purchasing process
Solution: Adding an element that will encourage customers to add
products to their cart
LOCATION ON SITE
Selected 2-level display stripe:
1. Scrolling if the customer is
below the upper menu
2. Scrolling if the customer is
below the button "Add to cart"
• Total of 4 variants tested
+ 1 original
PART 2. – CONCLUSION
• We found a variant that significantly increased the conversion and the number of
items added to the cart
• Stripe display on the website = significant element that draws the visitors’ eyes
from the listed items
We found the most effective option was to work with the different
sizes mentioned, and to display them at the top of the page.
• We will continue to display "call-to-action stripe" on the product detail at the top of the
• In the future we will probably look even further into exactly when to display the stripe.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION
More details: http://bit.ly/mktfest-svetbot