Tools aren’t your job, they support it: And Now Here Are 155 Tools (Actually 157 + over 5 tips) - Presented by Kevin Mullett for SMX Vegas, on November 21st, 2013.How many of you have bosses that won't let you have nice things? Well we have a lot of clients in that same boat, so I like to find free or cheap tools that still solve problems. Let’s get focused on what tools are going to move the needle, simplify your life, or provide meaningful insight. Tools should support your efforts, not your curiosity. Practitioner need to recommend the right tool when a client asks CMOs need the right tool to give the right data efficiently and affordablyhttp://twitter.com/kmullett, http://www.kevinmullett.com, http://www.cirrusabs.com
We have too many social media experts jumping up and down abut interns controlling social media. While I understand why, and agree to a point, we are forgetting to discuss the part of online reputation we do not and cannot control. Other people.
(16) ToolsA stage is only an opportunity to connect, you still have to listen and watch your audience. Do they understand? Do they have a question? These tools can only help you pay attention.Set alerts for: brand, usernames, product/service names, competition, employee names, influencers in your field, and possibly misspellings.IFTTT, Zapier, Yahoo pipes, Ecquire, CloudWork (formerly TarPipe)Twilert (email), Google alerts, SamePoint (rss), TweetSeeker (email), SocialMention, Nutshell Mail (email), Tweetalarm (email), Mention, Tweetbeep (email), Topsy (email or rss), Postling (email).
(5) ToolsYou can use these tools to easily check your brand and identity acrosssocial media channels. Use a service like namechk.com to go grab your brands social id’s. I think this is wise for both branding reasons, online reputation management, and for a healthy online marketing presence. If you have an intern, this would be a great task to set them out on.Which ones are important? Which ones don’t you want a competitor or squatter to have? While the backlink value for many is not high, the fact that search engines are constantly crawling these networks is worth noting. This is especially important while the crawl rate on your website is low.Posting links to some of these networks, where the search engines already spend a significant amount of time, can lead to faster discovery and indexation of new pages. This can radically improve the time to visibility so your content is available to potential searchers.Tools: namechk.com free, http://usernamez.com/ free (?),http://claimid.com/free (?), http://namevine.com free,http://knowem.com/checksocialnames.phpfreemium, $69.95 and up, http://claim.io/welcome $189 and up.
Now before we just go joining all these channels, because they are free, we need to understand: While social media is free to use, it is not free to do. You must weigh time and attention against opportunity and potential return. Social Media is also not a task you complete! It is an ongoing effort that requires attention.Don’t be surprised when you receive little gain, from that which you put no resources into. Your outcomes will be impacted by your investment.
(12) ToolsIf you don’t research where your audience is at, you have about as much chance of connecting as being hit by lightning.http://ming.ly/ - freemium, unlimited $9.99/mo.http://www.rapleaf.com/ - Email audience informationhttp://rapportive.com/ - http://www.mailchimp.com – SocialPro add-on starts at $1/mo.http://www.fliptop.com/peoplegraph - starts at $99/mo.http://minemymail.com/ - extract all emails addresses, add profile pics, social, gravatar, twitter, facebook data. Starts at $4.99Linkedin Contacts! contact management with social tie-in. Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Yahoo, Google Voice, Evernote, TripIt, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Aweber, CSV import, Address books and Calendars. (formerly Connect HQ)http://commun.it – Twitter engagement toolreachable- Reachable discovers and scores the maze of relationships among people and among companiesNot pictured - my6sense - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.my6sense.client.android
(13) ToolsWayin – Storify – Curate via many social channels and Google to build a report or story page.Topicurious –Listly – Build lists, collaboratively if you want, with voting and embed options.Keyhole – Twitter hashtag/kw reports and analytics.Tweet Binder - Twitter hashtag/kw reports and analytics, with comparative feature.Twazzup – Twitter, real-time hashtag/kw monitoring and analytics.tchat.io – T witter, real-time hashtag and chat tool.Twubs – Twitter, real-time hashtag and chant tool.oneQube – Twitter analytics, reporting, and hashtag tool.Hashtagify.me- Hashtag search, related to discovery, and analytics tool.TweetChat – Twitter, real-time, hashtage and chat tool. (Now owned by oneQube folks)Tagboard – search hashtags across twitter, instagram, facebook, APP.NET, vine, and G+
(17) ToolsBe careful to avoid packratiousegotitious. The goal is to grab what you need, and that includes what you can give away to build audience, attention, and authority.Swayy – Freemium: Pulls trending content from your social accounts, by source and keywords. Provides some analytics. Starts at $9/mo for Pro.ShareBloc - Engaging?Potluck – Content conversation sharing platform.Inbound.org – Content karma/voting and discovery platform.Beatrix – Tool to assist in the discovery of content to build a weekly social media plan. Starting at $29/moScoop.it – Flipboard – New beta DeeVee.us
(1) ToolCloze is a spectacular desktop and mobile tool to help you keep in touch with key contacts, influencers, and notifies you of who you are losing touch with.
(15) ToolsWe need to look for things that resonate so we can write about them again and so we can expound on them in say a blog post.Ads.twitter.com – Analytics provided by Twitter.Demographics – Pay-per-use starting at $60, starting at $29.95/mo, trial (shows where they eat, shop, buy apparel, epic demographic data.Campalyst – Google Chrome Extension that shows Twitter profiles that have vested your site.Wisemetrics – Great Facebook analytics packageSumAll – Unique presentation of data from multiple social channels.CircleCount – G+ analytics and so much more.RetweetLab.com – Fruji – I like this so much I pay for it. It’s cheap.Social Crawlytics – Shows you, or your competitors, popular content on Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Delicious, and StumbleUpon.Quintly – Dashboard for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+agorapulse – Facebook apps, crm, moderation & analyticstailwind – (formerly PinLeague and bought PinReach) measures Pinterest, competitors, collaborators, trends, domain info, and more. Very cool.
(2) ToolsSo how can we make sharing easier while also gaining more tracking capabilities? Sharable, in combination with bit.ly or the goog.leshortener can do just that. If I can’t mention a competitor, I have more to worry about and bigger problems than them.See also: http://www.sharelinkgenerator.com/Tweet it » bit.ly/115VEGAS
(4, 1 dup) ToolsThe Google Analytics URL Builder Chrome extension is invaluable for building trackable URLs quickly, and it ties in with your bit.ly account. It pre-populates the URL and you can even set up quick sets.Did you know that you can add “+” behind any Goo.gl or bit.ly url to see that links stats?GA Social Media Dashboard – Was provided by a Google Analytics dev on G+ and is a starter SM dashboard.GA Social Data Hub – Partners who participate and provide data like pocket, delicious, etcRaven Google Analytics Configuration Tool – Helps you configure your GA account for different task.Don’t forget to association your domain with bit.ly.
(9) ToolsSocialBrotwtrland – find influencers and new people to follow.ManageFlitterTwitter CounterFollowerwonkTweriodrefollowtweepiNOD3x – Google plus demographics, charts, and graphs
(1) ToolWhen Twitter finally opened up Twitter lists from the 20 list, 500 usernames per, to 1000 lists consisting of up to 5000 usernames each, I was elated and frustrated. How do I consolidate my Fort Wayne 1 and 2 lists ? I found Tweatbe.at which gives users the ability to copy, move, and organize your Twitter Lists.That isn’t all it can do though. It helps with many other Twitter account management activities. Give it a try.
(15 – 5 dupes) ToolsSalesformics - Sales and marketing automation that’s as easy to use as a search engineSegment.io – sent your analytics data to any other service you want. 50+ connections.WeTransfer – send up to 2GB with no signup/signin or fuss. Get a confirmation of download.Kloutless – Puts cloud storage right in your email inbox.Wappwolf – Automate processes for Dropbox, Google Drive, box. Drag & drop files into a predefined folder on Dropbox and automatically convert and sync to your favorite places.iBeam.it – Every time I add a <photo|file> to <service> send it to these people via these services.InboundAlert – See everything in one place, in real time. Salesforce, Highrise, Zendesk, Desk, Stripe, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Asana, Base, Dropbox, Mailchimp, and more.ScraperWiki – Automatically and accurately extract tables from PDFs *warningdlvr.it – You publish. We deliver.twuffer – compose and schedule tweets in a simple interface.
(5) ToolsThough you can sometimes find copyright information about image from the exif data on an image, many sites strip that information when uploaded and tools exist for people to strip it before uploading the image as well.Thou shalt not simply do a Google search, to find ones images, nor right clicketh on an image one likes and call it a day. http://www.kevinmullett.com/in-search-of-stock-photography/http://www.kevinmullett.com/my-49-stock-photography-sites-mega-list/http://www.tineye.com/ http://picscout.com/imageexchange/home - Firefox and Chromehttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/exif-viewer/degoicjbkidnmcfidnohffepopnhhpkkGoogle Search by Image
(12) Tools in Bonus Slide 1:Salesformics - Sales and marketing automation that’s as easy to use as a search engineWeTransfer – send up to 2GB with no signup/signin or fuss. Get a confirmation of download.Kloutless – Puts cloud storage right in your email inbox.Wappwolf – Automate processes for Dropbox, Google Drive, box. Drag & drop files into a predefined folder on Dropbox and automatically convert and sync to your favorite places.iBeam.it - Every time I add a <photo|file> to <service> send it to these people via these services.Scraper – A Google Chrome extension for getting data out of web pages and into spreadsheets.screenr – free screen recording toolJing – free screen recording toolSpeakerText – Video transcription serviceSpeechpad – Video transcription serviceVector Magic – convert bitmap (raster) images to vector.
(5 + 3 tips) Tools in Bonus slide 2:This photography technique isn’t all that difficult, but it impresses the heck out of people. Why? Because it is different. Be different. Speak up, be heard, and add value where others aren’t.Soundcloud – Mobile podcasting Spreaker – Mobile podcastingblogtalkradio – Professional podcasting serviceipadio – broadcast live from a phone calldubbler – Free community social audio service for under one minute recordings.
(3) Tools in Bonus Slide 3:Google+ has chosen to go about things the hard way, but maybe because they believe it is for the better. Either way, we are going to bend the rules.doshare - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/do-share/oglhhmnmdocfhmhlekfdecokagmbchnf It pre-populates URL, allows drafts/scheduling, can access brand pages, select circles, create polls, has hashtag support, and pulls a thumbnail from content you are sharing.Socialba - Allows you to easily cross post content, though there are some issues with length and one must always be mindful of relevance in other channels.Friends+Me – shares what you put on Google+ profiles or pages to, multiple Facebook profiles, groups, pages, Twitter, Linkedin profiles, groups, pages, and tumbler.DEAD: Extended Share for Google Plus - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/extended-share-for-google/oenpjldbckebacipkfbcoppmiflglnib
(11) Tools in Bonus Slide 4:http://sproutsocial.com/ - starts at $39 per user/mo. & free trialhttp://sendible.com/ - starts at $9.99/mo. w/free trialhttp://www.socialreport.com – starts at $9/mo.http://statuspeople.com/ - starts at $8.99/mo. w/free trialhttps://www.viralheat.com/ - Limitedfree account availablehttp://www.buzzstream.com/social-media starts at $19/mo. w/free trial (requires cc)http://simplymeasured.com/free-social-media-tools - some free tools reportsChannelMeter - measures the performance of any Youtube account. Check your competitors.SharedCount – Is a very simple tool to track shares of your domain/link on Facebook, Twitter, Google +1’s, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Delicious, and StumbleUpon.HowSocial – Another simple tool to show how active your brand is across many channels.http://www.crowdbabble.com/ - Free trial Beta, not yet open to public
(17) Tools in Bonus Slide 5:http://www.adobe.com/products/social.htmlhttp://synthesio.comhttp://www.salesforcemarketingcloud.com/http://argylesocial.com/ - starts at $200/mo.http://www.exacttarget.com/products/social-media-marketinghttp://www.readypulse.com/ - Free trial &free Social Brag Boardhttp://www.socialchorus.com/http://www.sysomos.com/http://www.infegy.com/ - $4000/mo.http://www.alterian.com/socialmedia – starting at $400/mo.http://www.attensity.com/home/http://simplymeasured.com/ - Free trial &some free reportsPiqora – Analytics and Social CRM for services like Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr. No pricing listed.blitzlocal – Custom Facebook dashboards and Facebook advertising.Curalate – Instagram and PinterestNot pictured:http://www.hubspot.com – starting at $200/mo. – some free/moral bribe reportshttp://www.brandwatch.com/ - Starting $800/mo.http://www.talkwalker.com - ? Unlisted – Social media monitoring and social analytics.
In all your social travels, rememberThe H.E.L.P. Philosophy Humanize your messageEncourage conversationListen firstPromote Less.
LET’S CONNECTSearch for Kevin Mullett, but please note the two “T’s” at the end of my name. It is what distinguishes me from the fish or the haircut. Please find me on any network you are already participating on and say hello. ASK ME ABOUTCAPTURING LOCAL VISIBILITY FOR YOUR NETWORK OF PARTNER WEBSITES. TENS TO THOUSANDS OF MULTI-SITE THROUGH ONE CENTRAL CMS INTERFACE.Check outbit.ly/aboutKM, http://www.marketsnare.com/, andhttp://www.cirrusabs.com/.
Tools Aren't Your Job, They Support It: Now Here Are 155 Social Tools
SOCIAL TOOLS SUPER SESSION
AND NOW HERE ARE 155 TOOLS & A FEW TIPS
#SMX: #24B @ #SMXsocial2013
YOU CREATE, AND
WHAT IS CREATED
TOOLS HELP YOU PAY ATTENTION
BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN YOU NEED ALL OF THEM
IS FREE TO USE,
NOT FREE TO DO
BECAUSE WHAT WE LIKE DOESN’T MATTER
WITH AN EYE OUT FOR QUALITY
COPY, MOVE, & ORGANIZE
TweetBe.at screenshot & example here.
THEY AREN’T THE SAME THING
THOU SHALT NOT
RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND, I (STATE YOUR NAME)…
BONUS SLIDE #1
FOR WHEN YOU ARE IN A TOUGH SPOT
BONUS SLIDE #2
SPEAK UP, BE HEARD, & ADD VALUE
BONUS SLIDE #3
THEY CHOSE TO DO IT THE HARD WAY
BONUS SLIDE #4
MORE THAN WE CAN COUNT OR TALK ABOUT
BONUS SLIDE #5
GOOD THINGS DON’T COME CHEAP & CHEAP…
THE HELP PHILOSOPHY
HUMANIZE YOUR MESSAGE
THANK YOU! PLEASE SHARE BY CLICKING »
ASK ME ABOUT
DIRECTOR OF VISIBILITY &
CENTRALLY MANAGING A
NETWORK OF DISTINCT
WEBSITES AT A LOCAL LEVEL
TO CAPTURE LOCAL VISIBILITY.
TEXT “LIKE MARKETSNARE” TO 32665