Blood: The Worldwide Market for Blood Products, Blood Testing, Blood Equipment, and Synthetic Blood Products
Get more info on this report!Blood: The Worldwide Market for Blood Products, Blood Testing, BloodEquipment, and Synthetic Blood ProductsNovember 1, 2008Fueled by the aging population in the US, Europe and Japan, blood markets haveshown continued growth and should continue to do so near-term. There are manyaspects to the blood market: blood products, testing, blood equipment, and syntheticproducts. In one volume, a single comprehensive evaluation Kalorama InformationsBlood: The Worldwide Market for Blood Products, Blood Testing, Blood Equipment, andSynthetic Blood Products of the blood industry provides an analysis of all the keymarket segments involved in this industry, including products, equipment and testing.Blood products covered in the report include: • Red Blood Cells (RBCs) • Immunoglobulins • Albumin • Other Plasma Products • Synthetic HBOC and PFC Agents • Recombinant FactorsBlood equipment revenues and forecasts are provided for: • Blood Collection Equipment • Automated Blood Collection EquipmentTesting markets covered include: • Blood Banking and Plasmapheresis Testing • Blood Typing • Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Testing • Hepatitis A Virus Testing • Hepatitis B Virus Testing • Hepatitis C Virus Testing • Human T-Cell Leukemia Virus Testing • West Nile Virus Testing
• Other Safety Testing In addition to complete market data, including forecasts to 2012, the study reports: • Product demand estimates by region • Collection and transfusion estimates • High-blood-loss procedure estimates • Product pricing • Reimbursement rates • Epidemiology of key conditions requiring blood products • Products on the market and in development The report also provides discussions of the key trends, as well as the regulatory, business, and clinical challenges facing the various sectors; profiles of 23 major players in the industry are included. Historical information for this report was gathered from a wide variety of published sources including company reports and filings, government documents, legal filings, trade journals, newspapers and business press, analysts’ reports and other sources. Primary interviews and correspondence with company representatives were conducted to capture the perspectives from industry participants’ point of view and assess trends, and form the basis of the forecasting and competitive analysis. Table of ContentsCHAPTER ONE: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY • Blood Collection • Blood Typing and Testing for Diseases • Blood Storage And Processin • Blood Transfusions • Blood Management And Safety Issues • Synthetic Blood Products • Blood Products Market • Table 1-1: Global Blood Products Market, 2007: Blood Testing And Typing Products Market • Table 1-2: Global Projected Blood Banking and Plasmapheresis Molecular Diagnostics Testing Market Estimate: 2007-2014 • Plasma and Blood Collection Equipment Market • Table 1-3: Global Market for Blood Collection Equipment: 2007-2014 • Synthetic Blood Products Market • Table 1-4: Recombinant Factor and High Blood Loss Market: 2007-2014CHAPTER TWO: OVERVIEW • The Global Blood Industry
• History of the Blood Industry • Table 2-1: Timeline of Global Blood Industry Development 1922 - 2008 • Blood and its Components • Plasma • Figure 2-1: Composition of Blood Plasma • Immunoglobulin Products • Blood Transfusions • Efforts to Create a Virus-Free Blood Supply • Table 2-2: Viral Inactivation Methods for Viruses Found in Platelets • Table 2-3: Viral Inactivation Methods for Viruses Found in Red Blood Cells • Synthetic Blood Products • Hemoglobin Based Oxygen Carriers • Perflurocarbon (PFC) Based Blood Products • Factor Products for Hemophilia A • Synthetic PlateletsCHAPTER THREE: BLOOD MANAGEMENT, BLOOD COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND USE • Blood Collection • Organizations Collecting Blood • Donor Donation Demographics • Donor Recruitment • Blood Screening and Evaluation • Methods for Collecting Blood from Donors • Figure 3-1:Worldwide Annual Blood Collection by Component (Red Cells, • Platelets, Plasma, Whole Blood) • Cord Blood Collection • Plasma Collection • Blood Typing and Testing for Diseases • Table 3-1: Basic Blood Types • Table 3-2: Blood Transfusion Compatibility • Blood Testing • Table 3-3: PCR-Based Screening Tests Licensed by CBER • Table 3-4: Comparison of Direct and Indirect ELISA Tests • Blood Processing • Figure 3-2: Results of Cohn Fractionation Method • Table 3-5: Plasma Proteins of Therapeutic Interest • Cascade Plasma Fractionation • Automated Fractionation • Blood Transfusions • Types of Transfusions • Blood Management Issues • Safety Issues • Table 3-6: Risk of Contamination
• Table 3-7: Viral Inactivation by ProcedureCHAPTER FOUR: BLOOD AND BLOOD PRODUCTS MARKET • Driving Forces of the Human Blood Industry • Table 4-1: Geographical Distribution of RBC Demand by Region (United States, Europe, Japan, ROW) 2007 • Table 4-2: Projected World Demand for RBCs 2007-2014 • Table 4-3: Worldwide Demand for RBCs for Acute and Chronic Conditions, 2007 • Table 4-4: Number of High Blood Loss Surgical Procedures by Type, 2007 • Table 4-5: Average Blood and Component Requirements by Condition • Table 4-6: Global Blood Products Market by Type, Number of Units, Average Price and Total Value, 2007 • Table 4-7: Global Blood Collection and Transfusion Estimates (Millions of Units) 2005-2012 • Table 4-8: Global Plasma Collection and Transfusion Estimates 2005-2012 Table 4-9: Countries Conducting Routine Leukocyte Reduction, 2008 • Table 4-10: Pricing of Blood • Table 4-11: CMS Platelet Reimbursement Rates, 2008 • Table 4-12: CMS Platelet Reimbursement Rates, 2008 • Average Cost of Transfusion • Plasma and Plasma Derived Products • Table 4-13: Selected Plasma Derived Product Approvals, 2003 - 2008 • Table 4-14: The Global Market for Plasma and Plasma Derived Products • Table 4-15: Industry Shifts, 2003 - 2008 • Table 4-16: Sales and Market Shares of Leading Suppliers of Plasma and Plasma Derived Products, 2007 • Table 4-17: Global Market for Immunoglobulins by Manufacturer 2007-2014 • Table 4-18: Global Market for Human Albumin Products by Brand 2007-2014 • Table 4-19: Prevalence of Conditions Requiring Prothrombin Complex Concentrates • Table 4-20: Leading Factor IX Products, 2008CHAPTER FIVE: BLOOD TESTING AND TYPING MARKETS • Blood Testing Products for Donor Screening • Table 5-1: Global Blood Banking and Plasmapheresis Testing by Molecular Diagnostics: 2007-2014 (HIV, Hep C, Hep B, Hep A, HTLV, West Nile, Others) • Table 5-2: U.S. Blood Banking and Plasmapheresis Testing by Molecular Diagnostics: 2007-2014 (HIV, Hep C, Hep B, Hep A, HTLV, West Nile, Others) • Table 5-3: Global Projected Blood Banking and Plasmapheresis Molecular Diagnostics Testing Market Potential: 2007-2014 (HIV, Hep C, Hep B, Hep A, HTLV, West Nile, Others) • Table 5-4: Projected Blood Banking and Plasmapheresis Molecular Diagnostics Testing Market Potential in the United States: 2007-2014 (HIV, Hep C, Hep B, Hep A, HTLV, West Nile, Others) • Table 5-5: Selected Commercially Available Molecular (Nucleic Acid) Tests for Blood, Plasma and Organ Donor Screening in the United States, 2001 - 2008 • Blood Typing Products
• Plasma and Blood Collection Equipment • Table 5-6: Total Global Market for Blood Collection Equipment: 2007-2014 • Table 5-7: Global Market for Automated Blood Collection • Equipment: 2007-2014CHAPTER SIX: SYNTHETIC BLOOD PRODUCTS MARKET • Driving Forces of the Synthetic Blood Products Industry • Recombinant Factor Market • Table 6-1: Oxygen Carrier Market • Table 6-2: High Blood Loss Market HBOC and PFC Agent Revenues 2007-2012 • Synthetic Blood Products in Clinical Development • Table 6-3: Recombinant Factor Products in Clinical Trials • Other Research InitiativesCHAPTER SEVEN: TOTAL BLOOD PRODUCTS MARKET • The Blood Products Industry • Figure 7-1: Global Blood Products Market by Segment (Blood Collection Equipment, Molecular Diagnostic Tests, Albumin, Blood Typing, RBCs, Recombinant Factors, Immunoglobulins), 2007 • Table 7-1: Global Blood Products Market Forecast by Segment, 2007 - 2014 (Blood Collection Equipment, Molecular Diagnostic Tests, Albumin, Blood Typing, RBCs, Recombinant Factors, Immunoglobulins) • Figure 7-2: Global Blood Products Market Forecast by Segment, 2014 (Blood Collection Equipment, Molecular Diagnostic Tests, Albumin, Blood Typing, RBCs, Recombinant Factors, Immunoglobulins)CHAPTER EIGHT: COMPANY PROFILES: • AABB • Abbott Laboratories • Alliance Pharmaceuticals • America’s Blood Centers • American Red Cross • Baxter International • Biopure Corp. • Bio-Rad Laboratories • BioTime Inc. • Chiron • CSL Behring • Gen-Probe Inc. • Fenwal • Grifols Biologicals, Inc. • Haemonetics, Inc. • Hemosol Corp. • JP Laboratories Inc.
• Northfield Laboratories• Novo Nordisk A/S• Perftoran• Sanguine Corp.• Oxygen Biotherapeutics• Talecris Biotherapeutics Available immediately for Online Download at http://www.marketresearch.com/product/display.asp?productid=1816262 US: 800.298.5699 UK +44.207.256.3920 Intl: +1.240.747.3093 Fax: 240.747.3004