52 Corbin Place Brooklyn NY 11235
Senior Information Technology Executive with over 20 years’ experience developing and executing IT strategies in alignment with
corporate objectives and over 30 years of experience in all phases of Information Technology. An established record as a leader and
business partner that collaborates with other executives and stakeholders to use technology to transform and simplify business
processes while delivering measurable bottom-line benefit.
An energetic leader with a passion for people development, a track record of recruiting, retaining and motivating top talent and a
demonstrated ability to effectively lead and work in a high-pressure and complex environment. Outstanding record of completing
projects in a timely and cost-effective manner. Possess an in-depth understanding of emerging technologies. A consensus-building
leader with strong technical skills, innovative problem solving techniques and excellent communication skills. Comprehensive
knowledge of project management, business process re-engineering and workflow analysis. Solid record of success in researching new
products and technologies and applying them to enterprise needs.
• Strategic and Business Planning
• Information Security
• FERPA and HIPAA Compliance
• IT Design, Architecture, and Construction
• Budget and Cost Management
• Large Scale Deployments
• SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
• Cloud and Mobile Computing
• Virtualization and Infrastructure management
• Data Center Management
• PMO and Project Management
• Team Building and Leadership
• Process Improvements & Best Practices
• Vendor management and contract negotiation
• Structured Methodologies
• System and Network administration management
• Help Desk
• Application Development & Rollout
CAREER HISTORY AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Independent Consultant July 2014-Present
Working as an independent consultant on various projects including Identity Management System and Web Portal; Migration
of Windows/Linux servers to the cloud; Implementation and integration of Raiser’s Edge fundraising software; Systems and
process documentation; Help desk implementation.
Touro College New York, NY
Chief Information Officer September 2003-July 2014
Director of IT March 1998-September 2003
Charged with the strategic technology direction, support and operations of all campuses of this 19,000 student world-wide
College. This includes 25 campuses located in the New York Metropolitan Area, Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine in
California and Nevada, an online school based in California and international schools in Moscow, Paris, Berlin and
Jerusalem. Oversee a staff of 29 and an annual operating budget of $6 million.
Responsible for all aspects of infrastructure, budgeting and technologies for the College, both administrative and academic.
This includes voice and data communications, networking, software development, Audio-Visual equipment, access control,
video-conferencing, contract negotiation, purchasing and construction.
• Negotiated the move of the IBM i business server and the physical and virtual Windows/Linux environments to the cloud.
Managed the move of the IBM i. The move of the physical and virtual windows/Linux environment was in progress. This
resulted in cost savings of over 30% with increased flexibility and reliability
Resume of Mark Shor Page 2
• Responsible for the design and construction of the voice, data, audio-visual, access control and security infrastructure for the
construction of fifteen new campuses, including the first production implementation of Cisco’s Voice over IP (VoIP)
• Designed and managed the creation and implementation of the Touro College MPLS WAN, which interconnected the college
campuses nationwide. This included the provisioning of the GRE protocol for survivability.
• Implemented the myTouro portal, including an LDAP directory and Identity Management System (IDM) for students, faculty
and staff. Wrote, applied for, and was awarded a $1.5 million dollar grant for implementation of same.
• Managed the implementation of PowerFaids financial aid software and integration of it with the existing Student Information
• Managed the design and implementation of the Blackboard Snapshot process to allow for automated provisioning of students
and faculty in the Blackboard Learning Management System.
• Managed the implementation of the web-based Student Information System, allowing students and potential students to
apply, view grades, register for courses and pay tuition online.
• Managed the design and implementation of various data security products including an IDS/IPS, NAC, dual-factor
authentication and a SYSLOG server.
• Managed the implementation of IBM Cognos 10 Enterprise BI to provide senior management with dashboards and reports
for analysis, planning and budgeting, and enterprise collaboration.
Independent Consultant March 1996-March 1998
• Modified BPCS and Legacy programs for a large jewelry manufacturing company.
• Converted a BSC credit card clearing system to X.25 for the New York Mets Baseball Club.
• Designed and coded a system for collection of data from 20 remote AS/400s and the transfer and update of the data to a
central AS/400 for a health care company.
• Installed and configured an AS/400 for BMG Music Canada. Set up communications between the Canadian office and their
Metropolitan Opera Association New York, NY
Director of Management Information Systems October 1991-March 1996
Supervised a staff of eleven people composed of four AS/400 Programmers/Analysts, two System Operators, three Support
Specialists, one RS/6000 AIX Administrator and one administrative assistant. Developed and administered a budget of over
one million dollars and a capital budget of over one-half million dollars.
Evaluated software and hardware products, develop RFP's and negotiated contracts and deliverables. Approved all computer
related purchases. Managed application development in the AS/400, PC-DOS, and RS/6000 environments.
• Planned and supervised replacement of all computer wiring at the Metropolitan Opera House.
• Assisted in development of the “Met Titles” seat-back subtitling system.
• Evaluated and installed an automated ticketing system covering subscriptions, mail orders, phone orders, patron ticketing,
and window sales. Installed two RS/6000’s to run the ticketing system, providing for fault-tolerance, data redundancy and
integration with the existing AS/400 databases.
• Developed a plan to set up a Metropolitan Opera Web Site.
• Implemented a new Payroll and Human Resources system.
Independent Consultant 1988-1991
Resume of Mark Shor Page 3
• Developed and maintained relationships with many prominent corporations including, The Metropolitan Opera, Trump
Castle Hotel & Casino, Consumers Distributing Corporation, Chase Manhattan Bank, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines and the
American Journal of Nursing Company.
• Conducted negotiations with clients regarding project descriptions, deadlines, and fees and expenses.
• Negotiated with computer leasing companies for software and hardware.
Public Relations Aids, Inc. New York, NY
MIS Director 1987-1988
Managed the MIS department which had staff of 18. Responsible for all facets of Information Services including product
development, communications systems (voice and data), system design, programming, budgeting and purchasing.
Independent Consultant 1986-1987
• Analyzed and coded modifications to an order entry and inventory system for the Conair Corporation.
• Designed, coded and implemented a remote communications system for the Trump Castle Hotel and Casino.
KM Systems Support, Inc. New York, NY
• Designed and coded an Accounts Payable and General Ledger Package.
• Programmed a magazine subscription fulfillment system.
• Involved in converting a database system from an IBM 360-20 to a System/38.
New York State Comptroller's Office New York, NY
Senior Auditor 1977-1982
Audited banks, brokerage firms, insurance companies and mutual funds for compliance with the unclaimed property laws of
the State of New York.
Touro College - BS Accounting/Business
SYRIT Computer School – Certificate in Programming
COMMON (IBM midrange users group)
LISUG (Long Island Systems Users Group)
Association for Computing Machinery
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Member of Sprint CIO Advisory Council
Member of Campus EAI Advisory Committee
Certified First Responder