+44 (0) 1491 411 020
Senior Web Application Developer
Our client is looking for a highly skilled and enthusiastic Web Application Developer with a
passion for creating high quality, rich, dynamic web applications and an emphasis on
frontend technologies. This hugely successful, international media brand has just under 5
million registered users to its main website and boasts an average daily readership of over 2
million - working in a pure Agile (Scrum & Waterfall) environment, you would be working in
a culture of innovation which has helped develop some ground breaking products including
a multi award winning iOS-optimised HTML5 web app which has seen more than 2.5 million
users since its launch a year ago.
● Work closely with business owners to create product and feature prototypes and within
an Agile team to prototype, develop, test, deploy and monitor applications through to
● Provide estimates, views on feasibility of proposed work, and input into the team’s
● Ensure solutions are robust and technically fit for purpose.
● Contribute to the organisation’s standards, methods and procedures and ensure that
development initiatives are carried out in accordance with those.
Skills and Experience
● Personal / Team skills
- Highly motivated team player.
- Ability to think creatively and devise outsidethebox solutions to business
- Great communication skills at technical and nontechnical level.
- Provide mentoring and technical leadership to junior members of the
- Solid skills coding handcrafted
+44 (0) 1491 411 020
- Developing in responsive, mobile first way.
- Node.js using frameworks and modules (e.g. Express, Meteor, Socket.io).
Nice to have:
- Experience using APIs to create content driven web applications. (e.g. Google Apps
- Experience writing unit tests (e.g. qUnit, Jasmine) and writing code in a testable way
- Exposure to Test Driven Development
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban).
- DevOps, self monitoring applications, performance testing.
● Other nice to haves
- Experience using datastores (SQL/NoSQL, e.g. Redis, MongoDB).
- Continuous Integration / Deployment (e.g. Jenkins).
- Deployment, management and monitoring of cloud applications (e.g. using Heroku,
- Knowledge of mitigating security attacks (e.g. SSJS).
- Creating scalable apps, understanding of scalable architectures (horizontal scaling,
loosely coupled modules).
- Testing frameworks (e.g. Webdriver, Qunit, Jasmine, Mocha, Vows).