PROFILE & SKILL SET
For the last 5 years I was employed as a ﬁxed plant operator technician for Rio Tinto at
their Bauxite/Alumina reﬁnery in Gove N.T.
I have recently returned to Australia after 9 months travelling through South-East Asia
and have obtained an ongoing position, via labour hire for Transpaciﬁc Industrial Ser-
vices operating at Worsley Alumina Reﬁnery, W.A.
Please note the following training and skills taken from my attached resume.
National construction white card, Conﬁned Space (2015) and Working at Heights. Emer-
gency Response Training plus Advanced ﬁrst aid (2014).
4.5yrs experience with Skid Steer, Forklift, Conveyors, Overhead Travelling Cranes,
Rolling Mills and pumps systems. In 2014 I also obtained my National tickets for Exca-
vator, Wheeled Front End Loader, and Back Hoe.
Extensive Hazardous Energy Control experience in line with national standards, includ-
ing more than two years practical lock out experience. I have also recently updated my
clearance to work / recipient training at Worsley as required by South 32.
I am physically ﬁt, punctual, and a fast learner, capable of working in a team or unsu-
pervised. Also willing to work overtime, split shifts, night shift, and can relocate closer
to employment if necessary. More information on my career history and skills can be
found within the attached resume along with my Referee contacts details.
I am conﬁdent that my strong regard for safety, along with my previous experience
proves my value as a candidate and asset for future employment.
9 Andromeda Rd
Australind WA 6233
Ph : 0468798101
Additional to my role as technician I have gained qualiﬁcations as a crew Health and
Safety Representative as well as maintaining my Emergency Response Training and ﬁrst
aid qualiﬁcations to a nationally recognised standard. This combined with my hazardous
energy control experience and knowledge of isolation procedures provides me with a
solid safety based focus. I am both proud and conﬁdent to take these skills into any
My reputation has been established as a consistent worker with a high level of attention
to detail. I am known as easy to work with, and display an appropriate sense of humour,
which contributes to an enjoyable team environment. I lead a very active life, and have
always maintained a high level of physical ﬁtness, which allows me to endure the rigors
of any high temperature or high humidity environment. Having lived in tropical areas for
the past ﬁve years I do not suffer fatigue easily and recognise the need to maintain hy-
dration. My current journey through Asia has only strengthened this as well as further
exposing me to many different cultures and the opportunity to learn Bahasa Indonesian.
I am eager to secure a long term permanent position within the mining/reﬁnery sector.
To become a valued member of a dynamic industry leading organisation capable of fully
utilising my extensive skills and expertise gained thus far. I have a genuine interest and
passion for the safety aspects of my role, the opportunity to continue my First Aid train-
ing and H.E.C., as well as a desire to learn more about machinery and central control
operating systems. I believe my previous employment, interests, and lifestyle place me
in good stead to successfully obtain, retain and progress through any opportunity.
* Strong understanding of process ﬂows , temperature and pressure standards
* Conﬁdent with the skills of my trade and able to learn new systems quickly
* Computer literate , including CITRIX and Microsoft Office suite ( word ,excel,outlook )
* Approved Lockout , isolation and Health and Safety Representative
* Real appreciation for safety and maintaining workplace standards
* Experienced with a variety of mine site speciﬁc heavy machinery
* Extremely comfortable working within a team environment
* Bilingual : english and learning Indonesian
2015 : High Pressure Water Jetting Assistant MSASS00002
2014 : Certiﬁcate IV Surface Extraction Operations RII04 - current study
2014 : Conduct Civil Construction Wheeled Front End Loader Operations RIIMPO321D
2014 : Conduct Skid Steer Operations
2014 : Conduct Excavator Operations
2014 : provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation HLTAID001
2014 : Conduct Backhoe / Loader Operations RIIMPO319D
2014 : Advanced First Aid
2012-2013-2014 : Onsite Emergency Response Team Member
2013 : Employ Personal Protection at a hazardous Materials Incident PUAFIR308
2013 : Work in Accordance With an Issued Permit MSAPMPER200B - updated 2015
2013 : Shutdown and Isolate Machines/equipment MEM18011C
2013 : Render Hazardous Materials Incidents Safe PUAFIR306B
2013 : Certiﬁcate III in process Plant Operations PMA30108
2013 : Operate Breathing Apparatus MSAPMOHS216A
2013 : License to Perform Dogging CPCCLDG3001A
2013 : Emergency life Support HLTFA201A
2012 : Enter Conﬁned Soaces MSAPMPER205B - updated 2015
2012 : Issue Work Permits MSAPMPER300B
2012 : Certiﬁcate III in Metalliferous Mining Operations Processing MNM30305
2012 : Heat Exchanger operatio PMA OPS205B
2012 : Work safely at Heights RIIOHS204A -updated 2015
2011 : Environmentally Sustainable Work Practise Management MSAENV272B
2011 : Gas Test Atmosphere MSAPMOH217A - updated 2015
2011 : Risk Control Management RIIRIS201A
1998 : Certiﬁcate III in Commercial Cookery HT3ACB
*PROGRAMMED EMPLOYMENT ( MAY 2015- NOW )
I am Currently employed via labour hire as a High Pressure Water Assistant for Transpacific In-
dustrial Services. This position allows me to work in all areas of the refinery, and to learn the
intricacies of each area - there individual needs, and liaise with both area operations and dif-
ferent levels of management to ensure work is completed safety, to a high standard, and within
the appropriate time frame. This work is ongoing and I have already received positive feedback
from management and my work colleagues regarding my progress and good work ethic.
• Operate High Pressure and Ultra High Pressure water cleaning equipment.
• Endeavour to achieve best results by utilising maximum safe pressure parameters.
• Operate vacuum truck assembly and associated dumping, cleaning procedure.
• Follow site clearance to work procedures, including recipient obligations.
• Complete job hazard analysis for every task.
• Liaise with area operations to ensure correct scope and verify isolation points.
• Erect barricading and utilise all available safety equipment for each task.
• Follow directions of management and experienced operators.
• Manual descale using air chisels, needle guns, etc.
• Understand emergency procedures for chemical contact, area evacuation.
• Attend all safety meetings and provide input for continual improvement.
*RIO TINTO ALCAN COVE ( 2010-2014 ) REFINERY TECHNICIAN
Rio Tinto Alcan – Gove was a Bauxite mine and Alumina refinery, producing more than 8.2mil
tonnes of bauxite and 2.7mil tonnes of alumina per annum. My role as Refinery Technician was
to operate and maintain the equipment and process flow over the duration of each rostered
shift. Further I was required to organise and plan maintenance work, draft and or approve lock
out documents, isolate and lock out equipment, liaise regularly with Central Control for opti-
mum production and target achievement, and perform general duties and house keeping.
▪ Operate a wide variety of machinery including milling, conveyor systems, process flow
pumps, valves, and pressure equipment.
▪ Report, document and advise on any Health & Safety issues identifying potential hazards
and conducting meetings with team members, supervisors and area specialists to discuss
any necessary changes or proposed improvements.
▪ Take regular extraction samples to be analysed at laboratory.
▪ Adjust or alternate process flow line-ups to allow maintenance or improve production.
▪ Isolate machinery and associated equipment as per site HEC specifications.
▪ Complete lockout duties, hazard energy control and associated permit writing.
▪ Train and mentor new team members in general process duties, area control, and HEC.
▪ Devise, Plan and Execute new project ideas with fellow team members and hierarchy us-
▪ Complete regular machinery maintenance and service planning
▪ Attend daily Toolbox meetings, and complete shift handover
▪ Work within a 9 man crew on 12 hour shifts
▪ Achieve goals as set regarding daily quotas
▪ Act as Step Up Supervisor when required
Prior to my commencement in the mining industry I had obtained skills and experience as a
Chef at a variety of restaurants. Although being a completely different industry, I developed
some strong transferable skills as listed below.
Sous Chef | Head Chef Village Green Hotel
2008 – 2010
Sous Chef Navanta Quatro
2006 – 2008
Chef de Party Chef Tornados, Sous Chef, Chef Entremetier – Celeryheart
2004 – 2006
Celeryheart owned The Epping Hotel Restaurant, Gladesville Hotel and Hornsby Hotel &
KEY SKILLS OBTAINED
▪ Ability to work consistently within high pressure,high temperature demanding environ-
▪ Working within a team environment, as team member and team leader
▪ To work successfully with people of all race, colour and creed
▪ Developed high Focus on safe workplace standards for myself and colleagues
▪ Regular project event organisation and planning
▪ Machinery maintenance, planned servicing, appreciation for a controlled, organised
▪ Ability to meet deadlines repeatedly
▪ Develop and encourage creative thinking in others to improve margins
▪ Actively participate in conflict resolution
▪ Regularly involved with the interview process for new employees
▪ Book keeping and company budget management
▪ Continually build on the confidence required to progress
▪ Won a Silver Plate Award (prestigious local area award) at Navanta Quatro
▪ Obtained grill chef record Hogs Breathe Café for most meals in 2hrs (320p)
▪ Was chosen as chef tornados by Celery Heart PTY LTD to work in all three of their restau-
▪ Obtained extensive knowledge of many different cuisines
▪ Fortunate enough to be trained by some of NSW best chefs of the 1990’s including David
Bressington, Greg Mellor, and Travis Coote
▪ Obtained life skills and abilities unique to the hospitality trade that have proven price-
Plant Maintenance Superintendent
Greater Paraburdoo Operations
Rio Tinto Iron Ore
0407 181 198
Hazardous Energy Control Specialist
Rio Tinto Alcan Gove
0437 911 430
Additional references available upon request