Deploying, operating and upgrading a production OpenStack cloud can be challenging.
Containers offer a compelling solution for isolating OpenStack services, but do we really want the complexity of running on Kubernetes or Docker Swarm? We want an automated cloud provisioning process, but do we really need a full OpenStack undercloud? Why should upgrades be all or nothing?
This presentation introduces kayobe, an OpenStack deployment tool that aims to answer these and other questions.
Kayobe stands on the shoulders of giants:
* OpenStack bifrost discovers and provisions the cloud
* OpenStack kolla builds container images for OpenStack services
* OpenStack kolla-ansible delivers painless deployment and upgrade of containerised OpenStack services
To this solid base, kayobe adds:
* Configuration of cloud host OS & flexible networking
* Management of physical network devices
* A friendly openstack-like CLI
* All this and more, automated from top to bottom using Ansible.