18127 Lembrecht Way Tampa Fl 33647
Cell # 813-919-5083
Objective: A bilingual master leveled clinician with background experience in child welfare, advocacy,
case counseling, case management, crisis intervention, geriatrics population, Managed care, Long Term
Care, coordinating resources, Medicare billing experience, and building relationships.
Master of Science in Human Services.
Coventry Healthcare of Florida, Long Term Care December 2013-July 2016
• Responsible for facilitating appropriate healthcare outcomes for members by providing care
coordination, support and education for members through the use of care management tools and
resources in the Long Term Care Program.
• Evaluated Members through the use of care management tools and information/data review,
conducted comprehensive evaluation of referred members needs/eligibility and recommended an
approach to case resolution and/or meeting needs by evaluating members benefit plan and available
internal and external programs/services.
• Coordinated and implemented assigned care plan activities and monitored care plan progress utilizing
a person-centered approach.
• Provided coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent
medical and/or healthy lifestyle choices.
Molina Healthcare of Florida, Nursing Home Diversion March 2012-December 2013
• Responsible for working with members and providers to assess, facilitate, plan and coordinate the delivery
of care across the continuum for members with potential risk for high cost and high utilization.
• Responsible for leading project initiatives aimed at reducing the cost of care and quality improvement.
• Develops and implements a case management plan in collaboration with the member, caregiver, physician
and/or other appropriate healthcare professionals to address the member needs.
• Performs ongoing monitoring of the plan of care to evaluate effectiveness and suggests changes
• Promotes integration of services for members including behavioral health and long term care to enhance the
continuity of care for Molina members.
• Conducts face to face or home visits as required.
Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx Collaborative November 2010-February 2012
Care Transition Analyst:
• Collaborated with a multidisciplinary health team particularly the patient’s primary care provider
office staff and medical management programs to transition patient’s care appropriately and
• Managed the clerical and administrative aspects of the care transitions process
• Responsible for using the appropriate information technology to manage the flow of patients thru
the care transitions program
• Tracked and prepared fiscal reports for programmatic metric to ensure optimal outcomes
• Accompaniment with RN Care Transition Manager to perform language interpretation for
prospective enrollees in program
• Implements legal and ethical considerations in the care transitions process
Amerigroup Community Care: Tampa FL 1/2010-7/2/2010
Long Term Care Case Manager:
• Facilitated members gaining access to needed medical, social, and education services.
• Coordinated the integration of acute and long-term care services. Responsible for ensuring cost
effective and efficient utilization of health plan services.
• Functioned as member advocates, seeking and coordinating creative solution to long-term care
needs without compromising the quality of the outcome.
• Completed comprehensive assessment of the member’s health status, physical and cognitive
functioning, environment, social supports, and end-of-life decisions through interaction with
• Independently developed, revised and implemented a plan of care for members based on
assessment of members’ status, available resources and risk potential.
• .Applied knowledge of community resources, State and Federal initiatives to establish and maintain
the member support system; establishing working relationships with them.
• Collaborated with discharge planners, physicians, and other parties to ensure appropriate discharge
plan, plan of care, and coordination of acute care and long term care services.
• Facilitated admission of members to appropriate setting.
Citrus Health Care Tango Plan: Tampa, Fl 6/2008-1/2010
• Completed assessments and/or protocols through interaction with member/caregiver/provider/
Act as advocate for member needs. Orientated new members/providers at field visits to plan
benefits and procedures accordingly, and identify resources for members on an ongoing basis.
• Collaborated with discharge planners, physicians, and other involved parties to ensure
appropriate discharge plan, care plan, and coordination of acute care and long term care
Mental Health Care Inc,: Tampa, Fl 3/2007-5/2008
Intensive Case Manager:
• Provided Linkage/Referral/Monitor/Advocacy services to consumer with chronic/severe mental
illness and substance abuse.
• Monitored supportive services with other involved service providers.
• Reviewed/Formulated Role Recovery Plans/case Management Assessment/functional
• Recorded daily progress notes and conducted weekly visits.
Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office: Tampa, Fl 4/2006-12/2006
Child Protective Investigator:
• Conducted child abuse/neglect investigations; Represented the Department with Court
• Conducted protective removal when deemed necessary; Coordinated and supervised siblings
and parental visits.
• Monitored/Linked/Referred children and their families to supportive services within their
Westchester County Dept. of Social Services: Yonkers, NY 6/2000-4/2005
Senior Social Caseworker:
• Conducted child abuse/maltreatment investigation, including educational neglect.
• Conducted Safety Assessment/Protective Removal.
• Provided crisis intervention/conflict resolution
• Provided casework counseling on an on-going basis/ Conducted bi-weekly
• Prepared Court petitions and attended court proceedings
• Acted as a covering supervision for six workers when assigned.
Westchester County D.C.M.H.: White Plains, NY 3/1996-7/2000
• Responsible for providing intensive case management services to approximately 19-25
families/individuals with multiple disabilities (mental retardation, mental illness, substance abuse),
Consumers’ age ranged from birth to elderly and needs varied.
• Provided Advocacy/Monitor/Linkage/Referral services as well as crisis intervention
Westchester Association for Retarded Citizens: White Plains, NY 7/1992-3/1996
Bilingual Outreach Specialist:
• Provided intensive case management services to approximately 24 minorities families.
• Provided Advocacy/Linkage/Referral/Monitor/Casework Counseling/Crisis Intervention
• Coordinated/Attended network meetings
• Prepared/Reviewed Psycho-social/Six Month Individualized Service Plan
• Recorded progress notes daily
Bilingual (fluent in Spanish)
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, Team Player.
Computer Skills: 45wpm, Proficiency in Excel, Word, Word Perfect, FARS, 701-B, Outlook and Internet
Child Welfare/Child Protective Service—NY State
Sexual Abuse training for Child Welfare Workers
Working with Alcohol and Affected Families
Strength based approach-Developmental Disabled
Case Management Certification