Quick Reference Guide
• Remember When You Tweet.
• Number of Characters.
• Retweet @browardschools.
• What is a Hashtag?
• How to Refer to BCPS.
• How to Refer to the
• Popular Hashtags.
What if I Made a Mistake?
• Delete and repost.
What if I’m Not on Twitter?
Five steps to create an account:
1. Visit twitter.com.
2. Select your username.
3. Add your profile and header images.
4. Add a description.
5. Follow @browardschools.
How Can I Get the Most Out of My Posts?
• Use photos from athletic events (students must have signed
releases on file).
• Include the name of the event in your tweet.
• Include statistics or important points about your sporting
• Show training opportunities.
• Thank and recognize staff.
• Add your principal’s handle or school’s handle.
• Add your local city’s handle.
Never use a simple password. Include:
Posts on social media are public record and
follow public record regulations.
• Public Records Guidebook:
• Public Records Brochure:
• Social Media Guidelines:
Social Media Guidelines