Struggling to create infographics that achieve business objectives and meet customers needs? You need solid planning and a better workflow. Download the PDF with presenter notes (http://bit.ly/IFCAInfographicSlidesNotes) or handout (http://bit.ly/IFCAInfographicTips)
This is a presentation I gave at the Insurance & Financial Communicators Association annual conference in September 2015.
But we’re not sure they work.
So this isn’t a presentation.
It’s an intervention.
“The deﬁnition of
insanity is doing
the same thing over
and over again
Difﬁcult to consume (usually too long)
Provide too little or too much data
Include little or no attribution
Lack narrative and pay-off/take-away
Don’t support business or customer needs
4 Traits of Effective
1. Fulﬁll a business objective and customer need
2. Provide just enough cited data and/or actionable
information to tell the story
3. Are designed intentionally for reading, not just
“responsive” or mobile-friendly
4. Include branding (duh!) and social sharing
tell a great
with a few
words and images.
How to Make Infographics
Planning: Big Picture
1. Objective — what’s the business value?
2. Audience — who are you writing this for?
3. Purpose — what should we think, feel, do?
4. Distribution — what channels will you use?
5. Marketing — what branding, search and social
requirements are needed?
6. Take-away/call to action — what’s the most
important thing we should know?
The most important question:
Is an infographic the best way to
tell this story?