1 - 3
MARCO AURÉLIO DE ASSIS
Av. Vereador Toaldo Túlio, 3029 – casa 05
Curitiba/PR – Brazil ( (41)8836.3665 e (41)3071.0717
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
BUSINESS EXECUTIVE – BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, TELECOMMUNICATIONS & IT
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Ø Professional focused in Business Management, Projects and People development, with extensive experience in
leading edge companies (GVT – Global Village Telecom, Horizons Telecom, Siemens SA).
Ø Bachelor in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Electronics, PUC/RS – 1993.
Ø Master in Business Administration, UFRGS / PPGA / EA – 2001.
Ø Extensive experience in managing service delivery organizations, as Chief Executive, Operations Director, Regional
Executive (Technical & Sales in the South and Northeast regions of Brazil). Consistent experience in planning,
implementation and management of new business units, and strong experience in Telecom and IT businesses.
Ø Solid experience in strategic planning and implementation, with strong focus on results, working in the design,
management, and development of strategic projects, organizations re-structuring, definition and analysis of key
performance indicators, management and control of CapEx/OpEx, revenues and cash flow, management and
development of human resources.
Ø Professor of Strategy for Graduate Business Administration Program at FARGS – Faculdades Riograndenses; and
Corporate Strategy and Marketing Planning for Business Administration Graduate Program at ESPM – Escola
Superior de Propaganda e Marketing.
Ø Fluency in English and intermediate level in Spanish, with Brazilian and Italian citizenships.
Ø ITIL V.3 Foundations certified (international best practices in processes/services of IT) – 2009.
*HORIZONS TELECOMUNICAÇÕES E TECNOLOGIA LTDA
from 2011/07 to current – Executive Director (CEO)
Chief Executive Officer, responsible for the development of a start-up Telecom Service Provider, from green field, with
a multi-service network (100% IP and G-PON, FTTH), designed and implemented as a niche company, meeting the
demand for differentiated and high level ICT services, focused on 3 specific markets: mid-size Corporates, Carrier of
Carriers, and Government.
- Business vision setting, Strategic Planning idealization, Key objectives alignment, and planning execution;
- Planned and designed the organizational structure;
- Segmented the market and planned the design and development of products and services portfolio (IT &
Telecom) for the target markets;
- Set up offering and pricing to reach the market competitively;
- Defined/validated processes and procedures for engineering and operations, quality control, sales and marketing,
financial, administrative and logistics, NOC, CRM, and assessment/definition of monitoring solutions for the
network (equipment and fiber), BSS and OSS systems;
- Negotiated with prime suppliers of network technology/systems, from RFI up to contracts signature;
- Lead the deployment of 2.400km of fiber network, managing the growth of the company from green field to 4.000
accesses in service, in 4 cities, during 3 years. Generating positive free cash flow, and turning positive EBITDA in
18 months of operation,
- Developed of a scalable and replicable business model for the company.
2 - 3
*DATACOM TELEMÁTICA LTDA.
from 2011/01 to 2011/06 – Telecommunications Senior Consultant
Responsible for the design and implementation of an operational structure for PNBL Project – National Broadband
Plan from TELEBRÁS, initially for DATACOM and later for the consortium formed by all national companies involved.
Determined needs for operational structure, assembling NOC and field structures. Supported the development of an
OSS, initially for TELEBRÁS and after as a product for the market, seting up assumptions and business rules.
- Evaluated scenarios/models for an operation structure, including financial analysis and cash flow;
- Planned DATACOM’s operational structure and was directly involved in all set up of the consortium;
- Planned and deployed a shared structure, culminating with an OPEX 50% lower than a stand-alone operation;
- Supported the development of a complete OSS solution, from premises to partner validation.
*GLOBAL VILLAGE TELECOM LTDA. – GVT
from 2010/09 to 2011/01 – Operations Director
from 2009/12 to 2010/09 – Operations, Administrative and Sales Regional Director – Northeast Region
from 2007/06 to 2009/11 – Operations Director
Responsible for all centralized operation of GVT, both network equipment and technical field support, including NOC
and Specialists Support (3rd level), processes, quality management and indicators for operational efficiency. Involved
and decision maker of OSS systems and operating models for triple play.
Responsible for structuring a new regional/BU in Northeast Region, including technical, operational, administrative,
financial, sales (retail/corporate), and the prospection, definition, building and launching of 5 new cities in 1 year.
General management and financial objectives of revenue, EBITDA margin and operational costs – P&L control.
- New Northeast regional: responsible for accelerated and sustained improvement of service quality , recognized
by the market by quick net new adds improvement, with market share growth in all Northeast region. Negotiated
with partners and third parties, assembling all internal personnel structure for the deployment of new cities within
GVT’s expansion program (3 new cities in 6 months), and restructured service delivery personnel within cities
already “on going”;
- Consolidated GVT’s brand in the northeast region, achieving profit and growth targets (43% EBITDA margin);
- Established GVT’s monthly sales & activation record in Fortaleza/CE 2010/03, with 10.000 net new adds/month;
- Reorganized the operations department, ,with gains in productivity, scalability and synergy;
- Changed the approach from reactive to proactive, and implemented managing based on ITIL, achieving higher
stability of the network and reducing the impact for customers (monthly complains);
- Customer complaints decreased 35% in 1,5 years, even with/regardless of customers base monthly growth!
from 2006/02 to 2007/06 – Administration, Sales and Operations Manager
from 2002/ 07 to 2006/02 – Engineering & Operations Regional Manager
from 2001/12 to 2002/07 – Deployment Manager
from 2001/04 to 2001/12 – Access and Network Manager
from 2000/08 to 2001/04 – Support Manager
Responsible for all technical, sales and management activities of a Business Unit in Santa Catarina state, managing
its P&L and EBITDA Margin targets. Before, responsible for all network deployment in the South region of Brazil,
3 - 3
which involved negotiations (companies and government), cable network deployment, definition of equipment and
infrastructure needed to deliver all services for clients, and later responsible for the operation and management of
technical areas, KPIs and third party contractors.
- Achieved growth of 30% in sales and installation of contracted services, which led to similar growth in revenues,
in Santa Catarina’s state during one year of management;
- Planning, definition and management of KPIs and OPIs from GVT;
- Deployed core and access networks (wired/wireless) in 18 cities between 2001 and 2002;
- Lead negotiations with City Halls, Energy Companies and other companies to enable network construction works;
- Restructured all technical areas of the business unit, achieving higher efficiency;
* IKRO S.A. – TELECOMMUNICATIONS DIVISION
from 1996/09 to 2000/08 – Contract Manager and Planning Network Manager
Responsible for the management of 715km of fiber optics, copper cable and access networks deployment, part of
PCTs Contracts (community telephony contracts). As Planning/Project Manager, responsible for planning fiber optics
and copper networks, gas pipeline networks, and implementing the projects to become self-sustained and profitable.
* SIEMENS S/A
from 1996/01 to 1996/09 – Engineer
* RBS TV – TELEVISÃO GAÚCHA S.A.
from 1992/01 to 1995/12 – Engineering Assistant, Engineer and Engineering Coordinator
* ESPM – Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing – from 2005/02 to 2006/06
Professor of Corporate Strategy for Business Administration and Professor of Marketing Planning IV .
* Sociedade Educacional Rio Grande do Sul (FARGS) – Management University – from 2004/02 to 2005/02
Professor of Strategy Practice for Business Administration.
IMPROVEMENT ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
- MWC2015 (Mobile World Congress, world’s largest annual mobile event) – 2015 – Barcelona/Spain.
- UTCAL2015 (Utilities Telecom Council Latin America) – 2015 – Florianópolis/SC, Brazil;
- Futurecom (Telecommunications/IT main event in Brazil) – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 – São Paulo/SP.
- CTIA Mobile Marketplace – 2013 – Las Vegas/NV, USA.
- EBC Juniper (executive event of Telecom & IT) – 2013 – Sunnyvale/CA, USA.
- ARBOR Summit (executive event focused on network security/threats) – 2013, 2014 – Fort Lauderdale/FL, USA.
- AWS Summit, Amazon Cloud Services – 2013 – São Paulo/Brazil.
- ITIL v.3 Foundations Certification (best practices in IT) – 2009 – Curitiba/Brazil.
- IBM Pulse (executive event of IT & Telecom) – 2009 – Las Vegas/NV, EUA.
- Tele Management World Fórum (OSS/BSS international fair, focused on IT & Telecom) – 2008 – Nice/France.
- Expo Management (International Management Congress) – 2007 e 2008 – São Paulo/Brazil.
- Project Management Foundations – FGV/PR – 2006 – Curitiba/Brazil.
- Strategic Negotiations Course – FGV/PR – 2006 – Curitiba/Brazil, among others.
Change of city and country availability. Brazilian and Italian citizenship.
Curitiba, March 2015.