DO YOU KNOW???
• The oldest written language was believed to be written in about 4500 BC!
• It’s estimated that up to 7,000 different languages are spoken around the
• 90% of these languages are used by less than 1,00,000 people!
• Over a million people communicate in 150-200 languages and
• 46 languages have just a single speaker!
• There are 50,000 characters in the Chinese language!
• Spoken by 125 million people.
• Official language of Japan and
Island of Angaur (Palau).
• Japan has the most populated
• Spoken by 160 million people.
• Malayan is spoken in Malaysia,
Brunei, Thailand and Singapore
• Indonesian is the official
language of Indonesia.
• Spoken by 165 million people.
• Official language of Russia,
Belarus, Kirghizstan and
• Co-official language in Ukrain,
Estonia and Latvia
• Spoken by 192 million people.
• It is the official language of
Portugal and Brazil.
• You may also find Portuguese in
Macao, Angola, Venezuela or
• Spoken by 211 million people.
• Official language in Bangladesh,
where there are the most of the
native Bengali Speakers.
• Is spoken by 245 million people.
• Official language in 20 countries:-
o Saudi Arabia
• Spoken by 391 million people.
• Official language of Spain and
almost all the South American
countries including Mexico.
• There is a considerable number
of Spanish speakers in the
• Spoken by 498 million people
• Hindi is the official language in
India and Urdu in Pakistan.
However, it is consider that both
of them are variations of one
• Spoken by 512 million people.
• The most international language
in the world, Although it only
has 300 million native speakers.
• Official language in the USA,
Canada, United Kingdom,
Australia and other countries.
• Spoken by more than 1 billion
• It is the most spoken language in
the world because, it is the
country which has more
• A lot of people are interested in
learning Chinese because it is a