Analyzing the effectiveness of mobile and web channels using WSO2 BAM
Analyzing the Effectiveness of Mobile and
Web Channels Using WSO2 BAM
Sinthuja Rajendran ,Software Engineer
Maninda Edirisooriya, Software Engineer
● E-commerce has become an emerging trend in the internet marketplace
for online purchases.
● Two primary channels of e-commerce,
● Web Channel
● Mobile Channel
● All time available, 24X7 hours in a week.
● Zero Install - A web browser will be enough for all web applications.
● Anybody, any where in the world
● Quick and easy updates
● Detailed Information
● Easy access
● Mobile apps are becoming popular.
● All advantages mentioned for web applications, but 'No zero Installation'.
You need to install the specific mobile app you want to use.
- Easy to use
- Access while transport
- Increased computing power
- Smart phones becoming cheaper
- Cool trend among youth
Business from Web to Mobile?
● Business is easier with,
- Smart Phones
● New mobile apps
- Getting popular in business applications
● People getting familiar with mobile apps
It's important to analyze which e-commerce channel is suitable for an
enterprise application, and make some strategic decisions such as providing
promotions targeting the market segments of each different channel.
How to monitor them?
- Their usage
- Tracking user behavior
- Mobile user preferences
- Mobile user interaction patterns
- Compare with web app usage
WSO2 BAM 2.x.x
(WSO2 Business Analytics Monitor)
WSO2 BAM 2
Open Source Big Data analytics framework
- Cassandra big data storage
- Hive/Hadoop big data analysis
- Jaggery based dashboard/ WSO2 GS Dashboard
- Toolboxes Approach
- Thrift for web app monitoring / big data interception
- REST API for mobile apps
Compare for each channel....
● User geographic locations
● Time variation analysis
● App usage
● Transaction quantities
● User preferences
● Cloud service usage metering
● Theft detection and alerting
● And many more .....
• Download WSO2 BAM from http://wso2.com/products/business-activity-
•See the documentation on
• Download the toolboxes from http://wso2.com/products/business-activity-
• See how you can write new Data Agent which publish to WSO2 BAM in
• See how to use REST API of receiver in
• See about BAM Dashboard in