Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Citizen Timex Titan Casio FastTrack Others
Indian Watch industry is estimated to be around 1600 crores and Titan is
riding on top of it with a market share of over 60%
Smart-watch Market in India
•There is a huge market for smart watches with well established
mobile phone brands as major players.
•There is no watch brand in this market.
Study Background & Need for Research
• Titan has been the Timekeeper of the Indian middle-
class for decades
• With International Brands flooding the market
competition has spurred company to diversify
• Only 5% of its total revenue comes from premium
watch brands such as Zoya, Xylys and Nebula
• Now the main question is whether Titan can become
a Premium Watch Brand?
Type Problem Definition
1. Product Titan Watches
2. Market West Zone with special reference to Mumbai
Titan has segmented its business into 3 categories
1. Mid-premium segment
2. Focus on the youth
3. Mass market
4. Current Mkt
60% in overall market of Watch Industry
5. Problem Out of total revenue only 5% of income comes from sale of
Premium Titan Watches. Rest of the high end segment is
dominated by Foreign players
6. MR Problem To find out the reasons for shortfall in our growth rate in
Premium Titan Watches segments & suggest specific strategies
to overcome it.
• Not too many consumers are purchasing Titan’s
Premium watches(Zoya, Xylys and Nebula) while
other watches in the same segment are doing well.
Can Titan become a Premium Watch Brand?
• If Titan comes out with Smart watches will
consumers purchase smart watches made by
Type of Research
• Causal Research
find the reason why consumers are not
buying Titan premium Brand watch.
• Predictive Research
we are making an attempts to predict
the future outcome of launch of Titan
Smartwatch in India
• To Find out Brand Image of Titan in the minds of the consumers
• To Find out why high income group consumers are not purchasing
Premium Titan Watches.
• To find if prospect customers of Titan are positive and willing to
make purchases, when Titan comes out with a Smart watch.
• To find out what features they look for in the smart watch.
Information To Be Explored
• To know about perception of consumers towards Titan.
• To understand what the consumer desires are from the
• Analysing the buying pattern of consumers.
•Interviewing Method: Live Interviews & Questionnaire
Potential and Existing users of Titan watch
Age: 20 years and above.
Sex: Male and Females.
Income: 40K and above.
• Population Definition:
Owners & Potential users of Titan watch
High end watches – 30 yrs and above
Smart watches – 20 yrs and above
• Sampling Frame
For existing customers: Database of Titan
For potential customers: People visiting showrooms of
premium watch brands.
• Sampling Method
For existing customers: Probabilistic (Random)
For potential customers: Non Probabilistic (Convenient
•Where will you meet the respondents?
For existing customers: Take an appointment
Watch Retail Outlets
•Approximate Sample Size
Sampling Methodology cont….