What is Fintech?
“Fintech …refers to the innovative use of
technology in the design and delivery of
ﬁnancial services and products. The application
of ﬁntech cuts across multiple business segments,
including lending, advice, investment management
and payments. Many ﬁntech companies harness
mobile technologies, big data and superior analytics
to tailor products for various customer segments.”
World Economic Forum
Why tech in ﬁn?
“Silicon Valley is good at getting rid
of pain points, while banks are good
at creating them.”
Jamie Dimon, JPMorgan CEO
at Bernstein's 31st Annual Strategic Decisions Conference, 2015.
9 main categories…
• Credit Scoring / Direct Lending: Companies in this category use AI for robust
credit scoring and lending applications.
• Assistants / Personal Finance: Companies in this category rely on an AI chat
bot and mobile app assistant applications to monitor personal ﬁnances.
• Quantitative & Asset Management: Companies in this category employ AI
algorithmic trading and investment strategies or tools.
• Insurance: Companies in this category use AI to quote and insure.
• Market Research / Sentiment Analysis: Companies in this category use AI to
efﬁciently research and measure sentiment.
• Debt Collection: Companies in this category use AI to improve creditor
collection of outstanding debt through personalized and automated
• Business Finance & Expense Reporting: Companies in this category use AI to
improve basic business accounting, including expense reporting.
• General Purpose / Predictive Analytics: Companies in this category use AI for
general purpose semantic and natural language applications as well as broadly
applied predictive analytics.
• Regulatory, Compliance, & Fraud Detection: Companies in this category use
AI to detect fraudulent and abnormal ﬁnancial behavior, and/or use AI to improve
general regulatory compliance matters and workﬂows.
“Hey Google, can I speak to
Deployed 220 “bots”, across its businesses over the
past 15 months seeking more efﬁciency and lower
costs, as the adoption of artiﬁcial intelligence
technology in banking increases…funds transfer bots
alone are saving it $300,000 annually, by cutting down
the time its employees need to spend on identifying and
dealing with data mistakes and accelerating payments
Pepper is the world’s ﬁrst social humanoid
robot able to recognize faces and basic
human emotions. Pepper was optimized
for human interaction and is able to
engage with people through conversation
and his touch screen.
Pepper is available today for businesses
and schools. Over 2,000 companies
around the world have adopted Pepper as
an assistant to welcome, inform and guide
visitors in an innovative way.