• BUILDING OF WORLD BANK
The world bank is an
internationally supported bank
that provides financial and
technical assistance to
developing countries for
development programs (e.g.
bridges, roads, schools)with
the stated goal of reducing
• President :- Robert B. Zoellick
• Membership :- 185 countries
• Affiliates :- IFC, MIGA, ICSID
• Headquarters :- Washington, DC and
more than 100 country Staff
:- about 10000 all over
• Established :- July 1,1944
The world bank is one of the two Bretton
Woods Institutions which were created in
1944 to rebuild a wartorn europe after World
War II . Later ,largely due to the contributions
of the Marshall Plan ,the World Bank was
forced to find a new area in which to focus its
• Fund generation
• Analytic & Advisory Services
• Capacity building
• IBRD lending to developing countries is
financed by selling AAA-rated bonds.
• IDA is the world’s largest source of interest
free loans and grant assistance to the poorest
• Relieve the debt burden of heavily
indebted poor countries
• Improve sanitation and water supplies
• Support vaccination and immunisation
programs to reduce the incidence of
communicable diseases like malaria
• Combat the HIV/AIDS pandemic
• Support civil society organisations
• Create initiatives to cut the emission of
• Poverty Assessments
• Public Expenditure Reviews
• Country Economic Memoranda
• Social and Structural Reviews
• Sector Reports
• Topics in Development
• Advisory Services and Ask Us
• Global Development Learning Network
• World Bank Institutes Global and Regional
• Agriculture and Rural
• Economic policy
• Financial sector
• Health, nutrition and
• Information, computing
• Law and justice
• Private sector
• Social protection
• Water resources
• Water supply and
India is home to over one-quarter of the
world’s poor, and the World Bank Group is
focused on sharing best practices as well as
financing for development as part of its
mission ton help reduce global poverty.
• It was started to reduce poverty but it support
United States’ business interests.
• It is deeply implicated in contemporary modes
of donor and NGO driven imperialism.
• The President of the Bank is always a citizen of
the United States.
• Lack transparency to external publics.
• It is an instrument for the promotion of U.S. or
• The decision-making structure is
• It has consistently pushed a “neo-liberal”
• World bank provides the largest external
funds for education.
• It is a big support in reducing poverty.
• It provides fund for biodiversity projects.
• it helps to bring clean water, electricity, and
transport to poor people.
• It helps in controlling emerging conflicts.
5 PRIORITIES OF WORLD
•Malik Waqas Ali Khan
CEO Malik Event Consultant
Lecturer GCMS Swabi