National Investment Trust
Malik Waqas Ali Khan
CEO Malik Event Consultant
Lecturer GCMS Swabi
• National Investment Unit Trust (NIUT) is the Pakistan’s
largest and oldest Mutual Fund.
• As on November 30, 2015, the portfolio of NIUT Fund
carries an investment of around Rs. 62.810 Billion
invested in over 389 listed companies.
• The Fund belongs to around 48,847 unit holders.
• NI(U)T has been governed under the Trust Deed dated
12th November 1962, executed between National
Investment Trust Ltd (NITL) as Management Company and
National Bank of Pakistan as Trustee.
• Recently, Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited
(CDCPL) has been appointed as the new Trustee of NIUT
• Open-end mutual fund in
Pakistan, with investments in
approximately 400 of the 574
listed Pakistani Companies
• NIUT is valued at approximately
Rs. 63 billion.
• Portfolio has over 90 percent
correlation with the Karachi Stock
Exchange 100 index.
Why invest through NIT?
• Professional Management
• We are active and resourceful in
developing proactive investment
strategies for our shareholders
• We are committed to
understanding our shareholders'
needs to generate the potential for
the most profitable returns
• We are confident in our abilities,
proud of what we do.
• Concern for employees
• Self concept
• Concern for survival, growth, and
NIUT Vision Statement
• We are collaborative, working
together as an efficient, dynamic
team. Individually, each member
is a skilled practitioner.
• As a result, we stand apart from
the rest in the real estate
Top Ten holdings
Pakistan State Oil
Bata Pakistan Ltd
Fauji fertilizers Co. ltd
Bank Al- Habib Ltd.
Glaxo Smith Kline ( Pak ) Ltd
Pak Tabaco Co. Ltd
Abbot Laboratories Pakistan
Soneri Bank Ltd.
NIUT Profit / Return
Nit mainly invests in listed equities
The return from investment in stock
market comprise of two
• Capital gain/loss resulting from
appreciation / drop in stock price
• Dividend paid by companies to