At New Era University the
learning resources are
arranged properly according to
their functions and
The guidelines and procedures
are easy to access because the
person in-charge is always
The good thing about their library is that
they always open so the student can go
They still using the old units of computers.
The books really caught my interest.
The gadget that I am confident to use is the
Although I am confident that I can use the
computer as an instructional tool, I
definitely would like to learn more about
creating webquests that I think it help to
modify the class.
• It got the interest of the
• It gives idea on what was
happened every month
• Less description.
The display actually reflect
the interest of the audience.
It is clearly shown the
purpose of the board display.
Although the display is
creative I think it would be
better if they put some
information about the activity.
To come up with effective board displays
teacher should have:
• CREATIVITY- have a unique way to
present a concept.
• RESORCEFULNESS- use available
resources in hand.
Benefits of doing a survey of available materials
before making your own:
• I can save time – instead of making my own, I can
just focus on how to use the available materials for
• I can save material resources and money.
• I can also find out what other resources are available
which can be use in the future lessons.
• As a future teacher, make the teaching
materials easy to access, easy to brought
anywhere so that you can deliver it clearly
• A good hand-out help students prepare
for the coming lesson. Also serve as
study guides, containing summaries
and highlights of key points covered in
class or in the text.
• In making hand-outs, it is always best to
start with an outline so that one will be
guided on what topics to include.
• Among the most important design
features is the need to keep the
handout simple, especially when it’s
being used as a presentation aid. Don’t
include a lot of unnecessary detail; keep
the focus on a single topic.
• A good slide presentation must be
concise, direct to the point and
insightful at the same time. It’s design,
lay-out and the format should be
balanced with the concept presented.
• In making the slides, I always encountered
the difficulty in choosing the information
that should appear on my slide.
• To overcome them, I choose one reference
to follow and collect the different example
given by the different references.
• Paper and pencil test
• Skill focused
• More on memorization for mastery
• Performance test
• Task focused
• More on reasoning and open-ended question
• We need to consider the traditional and
progressive points of view curriculum
because these two will be the basis of
• We revise the curriculum from time to time
because of the need and interest of learners
that changes over the period of time.
• As a future teacher, we can choose what
kind of teacher we want to be. Traditional
curriculum point of view has been tested
for many years so we can say that this old
one is also good while the new one can be
said as adhering to the change.
• Needs of the learners
• Achievable goals and objectives to meet the
• The motivation to carry out the goals
• Strategies that suited to carry out the goal
• requires the teacher to implement what
has been planned. Based on the
objectives, implementation means to put
into action the different activities in order
to achieve the goals through the subject
• It will answer the question if the plans and
implementation has been successfully
• If there is an effective teaching-learning
process, it’s really a big help to the
curriculum. A good curriculum can be
judged by the kind of teaching and the
quality of learning derive from it.
A curriculum can be
It focuses on the
learners, their needs and the
learning's that they should
acquire from the teachers
and from their activities and
experiences as well.
• As a future teacher, you can choose what
curriculum design do you prefer. You can
choose the Subject-Centered, Problem-
Centered or Learner-Centered Design
Model. Each of these has their own
strength in teaching-learning process.
DIMENSIONS OF THE CURRICULUM
• Teachers need to articulate the lessons from
grade school to high school to avoid
confusion in the part of the student. So that
when they entering high school they will
not surprise because the lesson still related
when they are in elementary.
As a teacher, I need to understand fully well
the dimensions of curriculum design..
• so that wherever schools I will be assigned,
I had already had the knowledge about the
dimensions of curriculum design that
There are six feature of the curriculum we
need to know:
2. Students or learners
3. Knowledge, skills and attitude
4. Strategy and methods
6. School performance
As a future teacher, I need to know and
understand the six (6) features of the
• To become an effective and efficient
• To be able to know the things I should do
for the good of my students.
The teacher should use the 3H’s in teaching
HEAD- teaching lots of ideas to learning,
by molding them academically;
HEART- help them if they have a problem,
be a compassionate teacher; and
HANDS- be helpful, be approachable.
Technology is a big
help. It is the symbol of
how the curriculum is
progressive. If the schools
have lots of technologies/
high-tech for a better
teaching, this will entertain
the students to stay in the
technologies, it helps the
students to acquire
knowledge from them.
K to 12 Basic Education
• The proposed program is good but
it still won't work if the needed
elements to make it work isn't
• In curriculum, changes and modifications
are being introduce to keep pace with the
• We need to innovate to change for a better
and to come up with which is something
new, and to improve the quality of teaching.