• What is MOOC?
• History of MOOC
• Types of MOOCs
• Where do you access MOOC?
• Courses offered in MOOC
• The Pros and Cons of MOOC
• My course of interest
• What have I learned from MOOC
WHAT IS MOOC?
The concept MOOC is simply a design introduced to better the system of
teaching and learning, the new invention which is totally different from
the process of one finding a teacher standing in front of the
learners/students in class teaching ,and learners/students listening and
taking notes. MOOC is a project aimed to bring learning content online to
any person who intends to take a course with no limit on attending
classes, meaning study at home courses.
HISTORY OF MOOC
During the year 2004 George Siemens and
Stephen Dawns developed a theory of
connectivism. Then in 2008 there comes
the first MOOC which was introduced to
the University of Manitoba with had 2200
students. Daved Carmer in the year 2010
loaded videos on youtube about MOOC.
MOOCs for college preparation skills helps
freshmen for college requirements which
took in the year 2011. In 2012, an offer
xMOOCs which was a courser launch
WHERE DO YOU ACCESS MOOCS
ONE CAN ACCESS MOOC AT HOME,
UNIVERSITY, PRIVATE SCHOOLS,
Many MOOCs use video lectures,
including readings and problem sets.
MOOC measures the effectiveness of
the course and helps to build a
community for students, professors,
and teaching assistants.
VIDEO TEXT DISCUSS QUIZ
COURSES OFFERED IN MOOCS
• Language; Introduction to public speaking.
• Computer skills; User experience of the web.
• Life Sciences; Genetics in science.
• Business and management.
THE PROS AND CONS OF MOOC
Involves every student, and
allows one to interact with the
It result in one having a lot of
Creates effectiveness in a
Huge absenteeism of students.
Addiction from other resources
found under MOOCs.
It also result in other students not
co-operating with the others in a
group project, because they will all
get a same mark.
MY COURSE OF INTEREST
Language (Home language), prepared and unprepared speech.
I get excited when it comes to having your voice being heard in public that is why I
enrolled in the MOOC of courser called; ‘Introduction to public speaking’. I also as a
future teacher is hoping to gain some knowledge on how to master public speaking
speech thus this is done a lot in the teaching filed. The three aspects that I like for me
and the others to perfect is the voice tone, confidence and posture. I also want to
learn how has language influence our way of living as humans, to make my learners
aware and understand the whole process of speaking.
WHAT HAVE I LEARNED FROM MOOC?
• I have gained knowledge that MOOC promotes the everything that has been done and remixes the
information or resources.
• MOOCs reveals the intelligence in one’s creativity.
• The model is open for everyone to register and get connected with the new technology of learning.
• A student can not fuss over a class been missed because MOOC it does not run by time.
• MOOC involvement brings flexibility in one being able to interact with public services and be able to
sort their own stuff online without consulting anyone face to face.
• One can also be able to make money out of MOOC, by helping online for instance online tutoring, be
able to get a learnership or sponsor through online.
• Chen. C. (2012). Coursera launches humanities course. The Stanford Daily. Retrieved from
• Carr, N. (2012, September 27). The crisis in higher education. MIT Technology Review. Retrieved from
• Levy & Schrire. (2011). Kibbutzim College of Education, Technology, and the Arts
MOOSs has been an interesting tool to present about.
In special thanks from the lady in the picture