1. The need for testing
2. OFC Cable Types used in Telecom.
3. Connectors Types Used in OFC.
4. Types of Testing.
5. Equipments used for Testing.
6. Problems with today’s equipment.
7. Cost of equipment
To Ensure the fiber is Properly working.
To Check IL and reflectance of all splices and
To calculate the cable losses.
To find out the fault location for repair.
1. Single mode fiber patch cables
Use 9/125 micron SM cable & connectors
2. Multimode fiber patch cables
Use 62.5/125 micron or 50/125 micron bulk
MM cable & Connectors
3. 10gig multimode fiber optic patch cables
specially designed 50/125 micron fiber optimize
for 850nm VCSEL laser based 10Gig Ethernet.
Dynamic range: 45 dB
Fiber break locator
Multi-fiber testing for fast
high-count cable qualification
Perform power and loss
measurement with the built-in
light source and the power meter
Price range: $10,000 - $16,000
$375.00 to $1000
1000 to 4000+ for
Power measurements at 850,
1300, 1310,1550, and 1625 nm
Full fiber documentation via
Windows TM 95/98/NT 4.0 data
Singlemode or multimode
Noyes OPM 6 & OLS 6
Optical Power Meter & Light Sources
Price range: $500 - $1600