(CATALYST) Approach consist of the following eight steps:
1. C is to have a clear smart goals for your career after knowing your personality type, your emotional intelligence level and the high level reason of why you want to be a successful professional engineer.
2. A is to get the required accreditations or professional certificates along your career.
3. T is for targeting an active mentor who can provide you with good advices related to your career.
4. A is to activate your communication skill to express yourself clearly through all communications methods with others. This includes how to write an effective CV, cover letter, Attractive LinkedIn Profile, social media presence and personal branding.
5. L is to learn leadership and the professional attitude for work inside a corporate or organizational frame work. This will include how you could professionally react to different situations and keep a clear objective of adding value.
6. Y is for youth and challenging spirit that you should always keep regardless the surrounding negative atmosphere that you can possibly find inside your organization. The only solution to keep this spirit is to be driven from your own values to exceed expectations and work on your skills to develop more value every day regardless what others are doing.
7. S is for skills (technical skills) needed for your job and your continuous benchmark and update with the recent trends in your industry.
8. T is for taking actions which is the main core of any progress. From my experience in the projects or in the coaching/mentoring cases I noticed that the main reason for any procrastination and delay is the hesitation to take action. We hesitate because we are afraid to be criticized by others and this fear make our brain tell us to delay the action to make it better or to reevaluate other option so, we are not moving from our comfort zone and the cycle repeated.