5. Words can spark ideas,
invention, kindness and love.
6. Words can also make you money.
I am a copywriter.
¡ I help businesses self stuff.
¡ I promote ideas.
¡ I teach.
¡ I help people decide.
¡ I remind people what is important…to them.
¡ I stop people from doing one thing,
and encourage them to do another.
¡ I have fun…AND I take my job very seriously…
because WORDS HAVE POWER.
7. Web Pages, Press Releases, Ads,
Articles, Tweets, Blog Posts,
Sales Letters, Email, etc.
9. Is the man in the
• Scared for his life
• Panic Stricken
• Panic Struck
• Thrown into a state of intense fear
• Unbelievably freaked out, man!
• Desperate to flee the scene
Is he thinking….
• “Crap! I shouldn’t have parked
• “I want my mommy!”
• “Wish I had muscles like that guy.”
• “Hope there’s no one in that car!”
• “I wonder if Target carries red
10. They justify
Justify and support what your
reader already wants to do.
• Past experience
• Professional critiques and
• Facts and Figures
11. A Frozen Yogurt Smoothie: YES!
I want it because… It’s a smart choice
Copywriters know a little
about a lot of different things!
As a copywriter, you will:
1. Learn about your client’s
2. Research what her customers
want and need.
3. Know how they benefit by
buying your client’s products or
services…and write about that.
13. Copywriters must make choices…
• Some jobs you will love; they reflect what you already “get.”
• Some jobs are fun and interesting; you learn about human nature, preferences and
new technology or ideas.
• Some jobs you should not take on…simply because you disagree with the employer
or the product. And that’s OK…
Because Words have Power.
14. This is a great time to be alive.
You can access and share words with
the WHOLE WORLD on the Internet.