Mobile: +91-9003040418, EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Linkedin Profile: https://in.linkedin.com/in/m-ravi-chandran-51071b5
An experienced QA Agile Testing & Testing Delivery Management professional with extensive knowledge of
agile and non-agile software testing and development lifecycle of 10+ years.
Seeking a responsible position as an Agile focused Testing Delivery Management in a renowned and fast
paced working environment with skills of creative problem solving and lean management to ultimately achieve
optimum utilization resources and best customer experience.
Having 10+ years of experience in the fields of Project Management, Test Management and Delivery
Management across domains of with specialization in areas such as CASH MANAGEMENT (Payments),
ELEARNING and ECOMERCE domains; currently working with Virtusa Polaris, Chennai as Senior
Good knowledge in Quality process and adept in employing the appropriate testing framework or test
architecture to meet the organizations testing needs in testing software products and handling projects using
Waterfall, V Model and Agile Methodology.
Reasonable knowledge by minimal work experience in SELENIUM (for Web non AngularJS Web Application),
PROTRACTOR (Angular JS Testing) – both AngularJS and Non Angular JS Web applications Automation
Good working knowledge on SWIFT and Finnacle products for banking domain software applications.
EXPERIENCE – ROLE:
• Extensive experience handling teams of size varying from 5 to 30 across the globe as a Senior Project
• Planning, deploying, and managing the testing effort for any given engagement/release.
• Establish project baseline requirements, complete project planning, ensure project kick-off.
• Mapping project requirements, managing stakeholders, project controls and resources
• Involved in preparation of RFPs/proposals and service demonstration to clients.
• Actively pursued issue resolution and communicated project status/issues to business stakeholders and
• Manual Testing with QC/TFS for more than 6 Years.
• Understanding & coordinating client’s needs, enhancements & handling the testing and delivery of
• Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery.
• Review and manage the Test Strategy, System Test Plan, Test Data Management Plan, metric report
and Testing Summary Report.
• Responsible for all test artifacts being produced and validated to ensure the quality, attend the Project
Assessment review meeting to assess risks.
• Handling User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing / Integration Testing (SIT) and Database
Testing for the software.
• Proven abilities in leading teams during the various project phases, guiding them and enabling
RESPONSIBILITIES as a SCRUM Master:
• Coordinated daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
• Radiated information and ensured the team's progress and successes are highly visible to all
stakeholders, including the team itself.
• Supported the Product Owners sitting offshore. Assisted the Product Owner with various activities
including communicating updates and impediments as well as assisting with backlog and release plan
maintenance including the planning, deploying, and managing the testing effort for any given
• Facilitated creativity and empowerment for the Cross functional development team.
• Improved the team's engineering practices and tools as required. Fully facilitated productivity, and
make sure teams have the tools and know-how they need to succeed.
Virtusa Polaris, Chennai as Senior Project Lead since Mar’10
• Played a pivotal role in streamlining the operations and increasing the profitability by better utilization
• Successfully ensured 100% customer retention from existing customer reference
• Worked on Streamlining and implementing process in the project and moved it from RED to
“GTG”(Go To Green) status
• Motivated the team and improved productivity by maintaining a collaborative work environment
• CITI BANK, SG
• RBS, Netherlands;
• Cuscal Ltd, AUS
• AutoDesk, USA; Information Builders, USA; IWAY, USA; Schlemberger & Honeywell, USA
• Emirates NBD, DUBAI
PREVIOUS ORGANIZATIONS (Will provide more details on previous work experience on request)
• EXPERTUS INFOTECH, Chennai as Team Leader from Apr’08 – Mar’10
• AMTEX SYSTEMS, Chennai as Software Test Engineer from Oct’05 – Apr’08
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Certified AGILE SCRUM MASTER (ASM) - EXIN
• Certified SCRUM FUNDAMENTALS – SCRUM STUDY
Operating Systems Windows XP/7, LINUX and UNIX
Testing Tools HP QTP, TFS (Test Foundation Server), SELENIUM, PROTRACTOR –
(AngularJS Web Apps), Jasmine Framework and runs on Selenium Web driver
Support Tools Microsoft Office, Crystal report, Web services
Test Management Tools TFS, Test Director, Bugzilla, JIRA and Team Track, Kayako
Domain Skills Payments in Banking, eLearning and eCommerce
• MBA (Systems) from University of Madras, Chennai in 2007
• BCA (Computer Applications) from Vel’s College of Arts and Science, Chennai in 2002