HOW TO ALIGN YOUR
MARKETING TO YOUR
The sales cycle is a on-going process
The sales cycle can also be represented as a sales funnel
Create brand awareness
New leads found and enter funnel
Manage and qualify leads
Submit proposals to qualified leads
Prior to entering sales funnel – brand awareness stage
• Create strategic content that is
hosted on your website that drives
people to it using social media and
paid online advertising.
• Conduct offline marketing tactics
such as events, PR, advertising
and direct marketing with a call to
action to go to website.
Top of sales funnel – fill it with new leads
• Create and advertise content on
your website that converts
anonymous visitors to known leads
when they download it
Middle of sales funnel – lead management and conversion
• Work out the average time period from entering
this stage to exiting it.
• Collect data on leads online behaviour.
• Develop custom buyer journey’s based on the
above to sets of data.
• Plot strategic communications along the buyer
journey that drives lead to the next step.
• Automate the communications and score the
lead based on their actions.
Bottom of sales funnel – turn qualified leads into customers
• Send qualified leads to relevant sales
• Prepare a library of proposal templates
that can easily be customised.
• Automate a communication programme
for qualified sales leads to receive.
Percentages you need to know… working backwards
Percentage of qualified leads turn into
Percentage of leads that become qualified?
Percentage of web traffic that becomes leads?
How much web traffic you need to generate?
Most effective marketing tactics that generate web
Use inbound marketing to align to sales cycles
Inbound marketing aligns to sales
cycles, it makes sure that people that
are interested in what you have to
offer find you, convert into leads and
then convert into customers.