Successfully reported this slideshow.
Grammar Class 8.
4 Basic Types of Conditionals
If people eat too much,
they get fat.
относится к будущему,
If you study hard, you’ll
pass your exams easily.
If I had more free time, I
would take up tennis.
относится к прошлому,
If you had studied hard, you
would have entered the
If/when + S + Present Simple, S + Present
If you touch a fire, you get burned.
People die if they don't eat.
You get water if you mix hydrogen and oxygen.
Snakes bite if they are scared.
If babies are hungry, they cry.
If + S + Present Simple, S + will + Verb Infinitive
1. If it is hot this afternoon, we ______________ (go) to the beach.
2. If it is cold this afternoon, we ______________ (not go) to the beach.
3. Peter ______________(get) into trouble if he steals that cell phone!
4. You ______________(not pass) if you don’t study harder!
5. I ______________(make ) dinner if you like.
6. If it ______________(not be) too expensive, we’ll buy it.
7. I ______________(give) you $5 if you ______________ (wash) my
8. I ______________(phone) you if I ______________(have) any news.
9. If we ______________(not help) them, they ______________(not
finish the work on time.
10. I ______________(buy) a new laptop computer if I
______________(save) enough money.
11. He ______________(not go) to school tomorrow if he
______________(not feel) better.
12. If they (not hurry), they ______________(be) late.
13. If it ______________(snow), we ______________ (build) a snowman.
14. If you ______________(eat) everything now, you
______________(not have) anything to eat at lunchtime!
15. If you ______________(not turn down) the music, you
______________ (wake up) the baby!
1. If a black cat walks in front of you, you _____________ .
2. If you walk under a ladder or open an umbrella in the house,
you _______ .
3. If you break a mirror, you _________ .
4. If you carry a lucky charm, like a rabbit’s foot, you __________
5. If you see a shooting star in the sky, you ___________ .
6. If you want a good thing to continue, you should _______ .
7. If you spill salt on the table, you should _______ .
If + S + Past Simple, S + would + Verb Infinitive
If I had a lot of money, I would travel
around the world.
What would you do if…?
If + S + had + Ved/V3, S + would + have + Ved/V3
If I had gone to bed early, I would have caught the train.