Successfully reported this slideshow.
If you’re ready or have the need to start an online presence of your business (We’ll refer to it as Web-
Shop or WebStore), then below are basic guidelines to follow to successfully launch the site:
1. Plan and choose the bank and credit card to be use for store financial processing. We’ll refer to
financial processing as e-commerce.
2. You will then need to create and register a business PayPal account. Using PayPal Business adds 2nd
layer of security when dealing with webstore e-commerce.
3. Select a hosting provider that you feel reliable base upon your research. I used Shopify Platform as
4. Select a name you want to give for your webstore. You will then register or reserved this webstore
name on a hosting company. Registration fee for your webstore name depends on the hosting. As an
example, I paid $15 total for one year on shopify to reserve my webstore e0ra.com
5. After you’ve reserve the webstore name (We will refer to it from now on as Domain Name); you will
then need to select a Theme for your website. For e0ra.com, I’ve selected Liquid Theme which is free
from Shopify. You have one month or less to work on the theme how you want the webstore to look. If
you think, your site is ready, you can launch it anytime and start making sales even if your site is still
under the 30-day trial period. After the trial period, your financial card will be billed automatically. As an
example, I’ve choose to get the basic plan on my site for a total of $38/Monthly.
6. If you’re webstore does not rely on any source or drop shipping, then all you have to do is
customized your website. As an example: create documents such as FAQ, Return Policy, Privacy
Statement, Terms of Service, and “About us” pages. Shopify generates this for you, all you have to do is
to tailor the contents and polices according to your business. Then continue to step 8.
7. If you’re webstore operates through drop shipping, then you will need to communicate and contact
suppliers to get a stable source. Used 3rd
party Apps such as Oberlo to help you manage sales & order
processing. Subscribed to Global Sourcing Companies to find sources. You can always Google “Drop-
Shipping Sources” and you will get tons of results.
8. Create and Upload digital graphics for the items you are selling and provide the pricing, variants,
inventory, description, & others. You will be able to enter all pertinent information on your webstore’s
Shopify Admin Interface. It is usually created under the Products menu page.
9. On the Shopify Admin of your webstore, you will need to plan and customize Orders, Products,
Customers, Reports, Discounts, and any Settings for your webstore. These are all pre-formatted for you,
all you have to do is customized and tailor the data according to your store e-commerce and operation.
10. Modify and customize your webstore by clicking the menu” Online Store”. This is where you can
modify the Theme, Create Blogs post, Create Pages, Customize Navigation, Domain Settings, and other
preferences. You can also edit the HTML Codes for advance customization which are not available on
the Graphics User Interface. As an example, I insert additional Liquid Codes to the Header of a page so I
can link and play videos I created on a selected page of the site.
11. Create Social Account to link to the store such as, Twitter, FB, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram,
YouTube, SnapChat, WhatsApp, Skype.
12. Place the Shopify Secure Icon anywhere on your webstore. You will need to get the Liquid code from
shopify and place it on the header or footer of your webstore. You will need edit the HTML page for this.
13. This should complete the process and will allow you to launched your Webstore successfully.
14. All you have to do is maintain your website with all the e-commerce process, Sale, Operations,
Media Creations (Video and Graphics), Advertising, Inventory and Product Updates, and Website