These days aren't easy for enterprise patch management. Keeping the wide variety of desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets and other end user devices up-to-date with the latest operating system software, drivers, and security updates has gotten more complex. And the rise of mobile computing devices and applications is keeping everything in flux.
This presentation explores best practices for patch management and tips to help enterprises gain full control over all their endpoints. You will learn:
* The growing need to patch multi-platforms and applications, including middleware and databases
* How a security management framework is essential to maintain the integrity of your entire endpoint population
* How to perform an accurate assessment of your overall desktop assets and the importance of discovery in the virtual world
* How to test an update before deploying enterprise-wide
* The cost of relying on “free” tools for patch management