• “The IGDA is dedicated to improving developers careers and lives through: Community, Professional Development, Advocacy” - World-wide association of people involved in game development. - Broken into Chapters, Special Interest Groups and Committees• Analogous to UK’s The Independent Game Developer Association (TIGA) in some respects. - But TIGA emphasises business, commerce and political lobbying, IGDA is about individuals, personal development and community
• GGJ is an IGDA initiative started in 2009• World-wide success - 1,500 games last year - 247 locations this year, larger than ever before - >10,000 jammers expected, 6* larger than 2009• In Scotland, lucky to have great people who have organised Scottish Game Jam since 2009 - Despite no local IGDA chapter!• One of the larger sites, 1 of ~20 with over 100 participants!
• Advocacy and best-practices for industry issues - Terms of Amazon app store revenue sharing - Inquiry into working conditions at Team Bondi - Lobbying and raising awareness of SOPA / PIPA• Special Interest Groups for speciﬁc areas - Women in Games, AI, Business and Legal issues - and many more• Support from other developers who have experienced similar situations and environments
• Resources to help students learn more about development• Student SIG to tackle student issues• Education SIG to look at what is being taught to students coming through at many institutions• Scholarships for “best and brightest”
• Range of membership options - “Core” - Unemployed discount - Student - Lifetime• Beneﬁts : Discount on conferences, airlines, Dell purchases, Scholarships• Access to SIGs, IGDA GDC party
• Next Meeting - Game Jam Play Party - 8th February - Venue TBA (Glasgow)• Contact - Web : http://IGDAScotland.wordpress.com - Twitter : @IGDAScotland - Facebook : facebook.com/IGDAScotland ENJOY THE GAME JAM!