Luis A. Quiñones
Education: December 2001- Bachelor’s Degree
Major in Communication, Specialty in Publicity
Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- Proficient use of production software including:
Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro 7
AVID Media Composer
Adobe Premier Pro CS6
Adobe After Effects CS6
Adobe Audition CS6
Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Proficient use of equipment including:
Canon DSLR (multiple models)
DJI Phantom 4 and Inspire sUAS (drones)
Sony XDCAM (multiple models)
Panasonic P2 AG-HVX200P
Hitachi Studio Camera
News Studio Prompter
- Proficiency in Web Design (Wordpress)
- Drone-assisted video and still photography production.
- Currently holds valid FAA operation license for UAS (Drone) Commercial Operation.
- Bilingual English and Spanish (native Spanish speaker)
Colorado Media School
Instructor – Web Design and Video Production courses
August 2015 to present
Q Media Services
December 2008 to present
- Full scope freelance media production company specializing in the following:
o Commercials for television broadcast, all lengths
Past and current projects include vehicle dealerships, realtors, attorneys-at-law,
nonprofit organizations, retail operations, restaurants, nightlife establishments,
educational organizations, event promotions, cultural societies and medical offices
o Corporate videos
Collaboration with Treeline Productions on Colorado Mountain College Spanish
language promotional video, award winning “Para Ti” program..
o National Campaigns
Ongoing exclusive media production of Denver portion of Aceso Hispano’s
“Cancer Nos Afecta Todo” – a large-scale health promotion campaign funded by
2008 – Media production for DC based Hispanic Creo’s public education and
Latino empowerment campaign.
o Production of weekly promotional shows promoting local issues and entertainment
o Wide and varied experience on collaborative production projects resulting in strong
relationships with other local freelance videographers and editors.
o Attendance at annual national broadcasting conventions (NAB, 2009 through 2016)
Ohio Center for Broadcasting
Instructor – Newscast courses, Avid Media Composer modules in various production courses and Final Cut Pro.
2010 through 2012
Entravision Communications, Denver, Colorado
Creative Producer, Production Department
April 2006 to July 2008
- Experience working in news department for live news broadcasts in roles of switcher, editor, studio
camera operator, and floor manager
- Responsible for creating, producing, filming and editing local network commercials, television
programming and special event coverage for Spanish language network Univision.
- Responsible for digitalization of edited material to on-air format
- Responsible for recording and editing radio media material including voiceovers and commercials.
References available upon request.