• The genre of music for my magazine is going to be rock music. I have
chosen to do this due to the results of my survey. The types of rock music
the magazine will contain is classic rock, Pop punk, and indie rock.
• The genre of music will effect the style of my magazine, such as the cover
image will be a different style of person compared to a pop magazine front
cover. The colour scheme that will be used through out the magazine will
be darker colours such as red and blacks which links to the style of music .
Cover price and Publication
• From carrying out my survey I have found out that the most suitable price
for my magazine will £3.50. This is because 54% of people thought said
this is what they would pay £4 for a magazine, and only 18% said £1-£2.
• I have decided that my magazine will be published monthly, this is due to
the price of my magazine. I have also chosen to do this because the
audience for my magazine will not want to pay £3.50 each week for a
magazine, however they will pay £3.50 for a magazine which will contains
• Beat magazine is designed to give the audience a connection with music.
Beat is constantly appealing to all readers containing all genres of rock
music, from indie rock to classic. In each issue of beat we will focus on the
biggest things going on in the music world such as album and tour release
dates. Beat is the essential magazine for all music lovers.
Liam, is 20 years old and is passionate music fan
as well as being a musician himself. There is
nothing more that Liam likes to do then going to
festivals and gigs to discover new bands and
solo artists. Liam buy beat magazine every week
to make show that he does not miss out on the
latest music news.