• The project will be presented in the form of a report and will have the
• 1. ProjectTitle
• 2. Introduction
• 3. Method of Data Collection
• 4. Presentation of Data
• 5. Analysis of Data
• 6. Discussion of Findings
• 7. Conclusion
Possible topics to be considered
• Why choose a square shaped design for a goat pen or a design
closest to a square?
• Investigating the decline in sales of Sunshine Mix Nuts at
• Choosing the best vacation package in a resort town.
• Travelling to a tourist attraction. Best route and mode of
• Remodelling an auditorium to accommodate the
entire school population.
• Designing new classrooms to alleviate crowding.
• Paying Mortgage: NHT, Building Society, Credit
• Buying an appliance of the same brand and type
via cash or hire purchase: Courts, Indian, Singer.
• Using the laundry.
• The best tile size suitable for tiling a room.
• Determining the BMI of students in a school
• Calculating the angle of elevation of the top of a
• How does the type of ball used affect the distance
travelled when a cricket ball is hit?
• What is the safest angle to mount a ladder against a
• Does running a curve take longer than running the
same distance on a straight?
• What is the optimum angle to throw a javelin, Shot-
put, Discus to achieve the maximum distance?
• What effect does the run up speed have on the
distance covered in a long jump or triple jump?
• What is the optimum range for scoring goals on a
netball, football and basket ball field?
• Does the height of the shooter affect the percentage
of goals scored in a netball match?
• Is the penalty spot the best place to shoot a penalty
from on the football field?
• What is the cost incurred if a pipe is left dripping for a
• Does drink companies give as much as they say they
are? (measure the volume of the content and
compare with what is printed).
• Is a BMX faster than a mountain bike over 100m
using the same cyclist?
• Is typing faster than writing?
• Which fast food restaurant offers the better/best
meal deal on burgers? (Burger King/ KFC in terms of
size, price, taste).
• What is the effect of the run-up speed on the
bowling of a cricket ball?
• Does the depth of the seed planted affect the
rate of growth?
• An analysis of the mathematics that
underscores the simple practice of gazing at
fishing boats out at sea.
• Designing the plan for a pool house.
• An analysis of the sales strategies of my
family’s clothing store.
• A statistical representation of the heights of
students in my form 4 group 1 class.
• A graphical representation and analysis of a sprinter’s
• Designing a new hamster wheel cage.
• A statistical representation of my aunt’s Blood
• Developing a financial strategy for a young income
• How does the amount of weight carried by an athlete
affect their speed over a 50m distance?
• Transportation to school.
• Baking a cake.
• Best shape of a classroom.
• Constructing a chicken coop for the school’s farm –
What is the maximum number of chickens that can
fit on the given floor space after six weeks?
• Maximising the profits of an electronic store.
• An analysis of the school’s electricity bill.
• Does the location of a store affect the prices that are
• An analysis of the dimensions of a log that was left to
soak in a pond.