Successfully reported this slideshow.
Action Learning Network
2015 - 2016
A Support …..
• to help schools explore how they might
improve Teaching and Learning
• with a particular emphasis on Teachers’ Practice
and Students’ Learning Experience
• using SSE to monitor progress, and
•to increase Leadership capacity within the school
ACTIONS AND SUPPORTS
taken and available
• Initial training,
• initial ALN team meetings,
• ALN meetings,
• whole-staff discussions,
• contact with another school,
• Teacher volunteers,
• initial data-gathering,
• extending existing project,
• PDST inputs and resources available
CONCERNS identified at ALNs
• Projects too broad,
• Finding Time,
• Engaging staff,
• Clarifying staff understanding,
• Clarifying ALN / SSE process,
• Developing electronic survey
• How are the PLs being used in your school?
Feedback 2 examples per table
• Can you identify any training needs for your PLs?
• PL training Day 1:Leadership and Management, Leading
• PL Training Day 2: Facilitation Skills, Developing Effective
Teams, EI, reporting and presenting the ALN resume for module 5,
Process and Project Report
… to improve Leadership Capacity in your school
Brief Description of Project (Max 100 words)
How did you identify your target area and your area of need?
(Max 100 words)
What Data gathering instruments were used? (Identify 3)
How was the data analysed? (Max 100 words)
What supports and resources were used? (Max 100 words)
What main challenges were addressed? (Max 200 words)
How successful was the Project in bringing about the changes
you targeted in your School? (Max 100 words)
• How are they being used in your school?
• Can you identify training needs for your PLs?
• Training to date: Leadership and Management, Leading
• Next Training Content (March 2nd): Facilitation
Skills, Developing Effective Teams, EI, reporting and
presenting the ALN resume for module 5, ???
Questions for the School Leader
What is the purpose of my subject department / task team?
Have I agreed with the team a clear set of operating principles to ensure effective team
What do I need to do to lead my team effectively, or to support the team leaders?
How do I know how well we are doing? What processes do we use for team self-
How do I Provide whole school structures to support the desired changes?
Do I constantly revisit the importance of the initiative and its fundamentals?
Do I provide regular and relevant professional development opportunities especially in-
classroom coaching and support? NCTL, April 2009