Mobile Commerce grows to become 24% of all
Mobile Commerce continues to grow and now
makes up 30% of all U.S. e-commerce.
Mobile will generate over $79 Billion in
- BI Intelligence Report, 2016
U.S. customers’ mobile engagement behavior
will drive mobile commerce revenue to 50% of
U.S. digital commerce revenue.
- Gartner, Inc.
Okay, so you have to go Mobile…
How do you make the transition?
1. Touch all aspects of app commerce
2. Choose the right features
3. Leverage prebuilt third-party integrations
4. Decide on resources
5. Set realistic deadlines
5 Best Practices for going mobile:
Boohoo: 12 weeks from signature to launch
House of Fraser: 11 weeks from signature to launch
• 9 integrations with back-end systems and third party technologies
Users with push enabled average
3x more app
than users with push disabled.
In-App Messaging can improve
user retention by
of users will churn if they have
3 sessions in the first 3 days of
downloading your app.
How to Retain Your Mobile
The key to retention:
Create a mobile strategy that consistently
provides value to the user.
Use analytics to learn where
users are finding value in your
Use funnels to pinpoint where
users are dropping off on the path
Personalize engagement based
on a user’s shopping behaviors
Onboard new users. Teach them
how to get the most out of your app
Educate users on updates that
make your app even better
Ask for feedback to improve the
customer experience and
increase app store ratings
Use location to hyper-personalize
& improve the in-store experience
Go beyond push and in-app
A/B test your campaigns to see
1. Mobile continues to grow as a critical channel for retail
2. Certain features have an outsized impact on your app’s
3. Maintain a consistent experience across your mobile and digital
4. Once you’ve built your app, retention will be one of your biggest
5. To retain users, you have to make sure your app consistently
provides value to your users