Established on 22 Aug 1912 Ensure dental readiness
Provide care for active duty
Navy and Marine Corps
Promote, protect, and restore
the dental health for those
entrusted to our care
Chief of the Navy Dental Corps
Establish professional standards and positions for dental
Advisory agency for the BUMED on all matters directly
related to dentistry
Deputy Chief for Dentistry
BUMED Director of the Office of the Dental Corps
Director, Dental Programs (DDP)
“Dental Officer, U.S. Marine Corps”
Staff dental officer to the Commandant of the Marine
Fleet Dental Officer
Staff dental officer for Commander, Fleet Forces
CO/XO of MTF/DTF/BN
Director, Dental Services/OICs
Force Dental Officer
Senior Dental Officer on a Ship
U.S. Marine Corps Forces
Force dental companies was established by CMC to
provide a flexible, mobile dental service for the USMC.
Force DENBN was established to provide effective
command and control of dental companies
DENBN composed of:
74 dental officers
2 Medical Service Corps officers
153 dental Corpsmen
9 enlisted Marines
Operational Dental Readiness (ODR)
Goal for active and reserve personnel is 95 percent.
Generated by the Dental Common Access System
Active and SELRES are required to have a dental exam
Personnel will not deploy in Dental Class 3 or 4.
Dental Health Standard
Goal for active duty is 65 percent.
1. When was the Dental Corps established?
2. Who is the advisory agency for the BUMED on all matters
directly related to dentistry?
3. ______________ was established to provide effective command
and control of dental companies.
4. DENBN is composed of ___ dental officers, ____ MSC officers,
____ dental HMs, and _____ enlisted Marines.
5. What is ODR?
6. What is the ODR goal for active and reserve personnel?
7. How often are Active and SELRES personnel required to have
dental exam done?
8. Personnel will not deploy in what dental classification?
9. What is the Dental Health Standard goal for active duty?
10. What is MANMED P-117 Chapter 6?
1. 22 Aug 1912
2. Chief of the Navy Dental Corps
3. Force Dental Battalion
4. 74 DO, 2 MSC, 153 dental HMs, 9 Marines
5. Operational Dental Readiness
6. 95 percent
8. Class 3 or 4
9. 65 percent
10. Dental Corps