Values <ul><li>Activating L eadership </li></ul><ul><li> L iving D iversity </li></ul><ul><li> D emonstrating Integrity </li></ul><ul><li>Acting S ustainably </li></ul><ul><li> S triving for E xcellence </li></ul><ul><li> E njoying Participation </li></ul>
<ul><li>English is the sole official language of AIESEC. </li></ul><ul><li>Code of Ethics </li></ul><ul><li>The logo approved at Presidents Meeting 1990 (Hong Kong) is the official logo of AIESEC. </li></ul>Other Important Elements of Our Way
<ul><li>Our Way is NOT a bunch of nice statements. </li></ul><ul><li>It is NOT something to learn and then forget </li></ul>
<ul><li>Identity tells us what to DO and how to BEHAVE </li></ul><ul><li>Therefore it is not just a reading material, it gives direction to our actions </li></ul>
1. AIESEC LC Nyborg has a team for Social charity activities like giving food and clothes to poor people and children. Is this aligned with our Way? If so, point out the values it defends and if not tell us why and propose a way to align it with the AIESEC Way.
2. AIESEC LC Skagen has been increasing their external positioning through a good ER strategy. They were approached by a company that wants to support them financially in exchange for supporting a road show of the company through the universities that the LC is present. Is this aligned with our Way? If so, how can they support the company and still pass the AIESEC image to university students. If not tell us why and how it can be aligned?
3. AIESEC LC Vejle is a brand new LC that is growing in the national network. To obtain LC membership in the national plenary they need 4 exchanges, 2 TN’s and 2 EP’s, but for the 1st year they can not obtain their goal because they are focussing on member recruitment and development therefore they agreed with AIESEC LC Brutal to upload imaginary forms and match them only on the X menu so that they can have the exchanges necessary for membership. Is this aligned with the Way? If so, tell us the most correct way to do the match and if not tell us why it is not aligned?
4. The EP/TN ratio is 0.6, that means that for every EP we have 2 TN’s, and the realization rate of EPs is less than 60%. Which are the implications of this situation?
5. Pocket recruitment is becoming more and more an adopted strategy. AIESEC LC Helsingor is organizing it this semester where they recruit members to go abroad in only 2 months. Is this aligned? If so, point out the points in our Way that comprise this experience and if not, tell us why pocket damages the quality of out AIESEC experiences?
6. AIESEC LC Ronne is trying to become more and more professional and in doing so the LCVP is implementing all documents in English and now also meeting in English, but the members don’t feel comfortable to express themselves in English. What should the VP do? Is this aligned with our Way?
7. AIESEC LC Abenra has defined as a focus their external positioning therefore they are organizing a conference on Youth Leadership that involves the dean of the university, media and companies that they contacted and that are also supporting the event financially. The conference is incorporated as a learning activity within a PBoX. Is this kind of activity aligned? If so, point out why and if not tell us why not?
8. True or false: AIESEC develops individuals to have a positive impact in their community? What supports or not this statement in our Way?
9. True or false: AIESEC’s vision is peace and fulfilment of humankinds potential but only in abstract terms. Because in practical terms all that means is that we condemn armed conflict and we develop people.