“It is important to
accreditation is a choice,
and one which shouldn’t be
taken lightly. Accreditation
resources to prepare and
maintain accreditation ”
- Services SETA
The SSETA Accreditation Process Explained
Step Two Desktop Evaluation
• The compliant application is evaluated by the Accreditation
• If the findings of the evaluation are unfavourable, you will
be sent an evaluation report and a deadline to address
areas of remediation (amend or develop documents
• If the desktop evaluation is favourable, a site visit is
1. This section is based on the 2015 Services SETA Accreditation pack
Step Four Ratification
• Site visit report is quality assured & submitted
for ratification to the Accounting Authority.
• If awarded a Not Yet Recommended status, a
date will be given for remediation.
• If awarded Accreditation, the status is ratified
by the Accounting Authority
• The accreditation decision is submitted after
the report is ratified.
• Accreditation status allows you to receive an
accreditation number and certificate.
An extract from The Cool Intro to Accreditation
by Leonie Hall
Step 1 Apply
• Submit the accreditation
application to Services SETA
via the online system.
• The application is reviewed
against a compliance
checklist by the SSETA.
• If found compliant an email
is sent to notify you that the
application is in the next
• Primary focus providers apply
Click to Follow Leo!
Step 3 Site Visit
• Services SETA
conducts the site visit
• Site visit evaluation
report is drafted by
the SETA evaluator.